*This job is remote based, but will involve travel.
Siemens Industry – Digital Industry: The Factory Automation business unit has an Edge Technical Consultant (ETC) position with a focus on growing our Edge IOT initiative in the USA. The ETC has a deep knowledge in supporting customers with the configuration and integration of the Industrial Edge system in the customer’s IT landscape, the porting of customer self-developed apps into Industrial Edge, in consulting with the customer concerning implementation, security, and rollout, and in carrying out small projects. The ETC acts further as first level support towards the customers and coordinates further measures with support (local hub or HQ).
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team providing the best end to end industrial automation solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
An Applications Engineer is experienced in automation architectures involving multiple products and technologies and has comprehensive knowledge in architecting complex solutions. This position requires an individual with strong technical selling skills and the ability to think outside-of-the-box to address the customer challenges associated with transforming their company into a digital enterprise.
• Technical Knowledge/Skills Required
- Experienced in working with customers in the presales cycle: educating on control technologies, developing architectures that are designed for the future, and showing how these solutions are best for the customer.
- Experienced in developing & presenting customer Proof-of-Concept and Proof-of-Value demos.
- Experienced in developing, deploying, and commissioning solutions involving Edge/IOT, SCADA, and Cloud technologies
- Experience with integration in the OT/IT environment along with accompanying Security concerns.
- Deep knowledge of Edge Device technology integration including Edge Apps designed for Connectivity, Plant level, and Enterprise level.
- Deep knowledge of Edge Management technology used to centrally manage and deploy Edge Device applications.
- Continuously developing a deep knowledge of the possibilities / limitations of Edge Apps provided in the Marketplace.
- Experienced in real-time software development:
• Bachelor of Science in electrical/computer/mechanical engineering or computer science
• Typically, 8+ years of experience in automation and demonstration of key responsibilities.
• Travel 20%-50%
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Prior Siemens automation experience is a plus
- Experience with Siemens Industrial Edge, MES, and MindSphere is a plus
- Experience with MES integration to the automation system
- Business acumen: Knows how business works and is aware how the strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Customer Focus: Intense customers focus and uses customer information for improvement in products and services
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.