Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) Engineer
The candidate shall have the ability to conduct RAMS analyses of Locomotives, Coach Cars and Light Rail trains. In this role, you will carry out Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety analysis for the assigned Rail vehicle projects to ensure vehicle design compliance with Rail Industry standards and Customer Specifications.
- Plan, coordinate, perform, and execute all tasks related to RAMS deliverables on the vehicle project. RAMS deliverables on a vehicle project includes:
• Reliability and Maintainability Program Plan,
• System Safety Program Plan,
• Vehicle Failure Mode Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA),
• Preliminary and Sub-System Hazard Analysis (PHA & SSHA),
• Fault Tree Analysis (FTA),
• Operating and Support Hazard Analysis (O&SHA),
• Sneak Circuit Analysis,
• Reliability Analysis,
• Maintainability Analysis,
• Reliability Demonstration Plan,
• Maintainability Demonstration Plan
- Key point of contact for all RAMS topics on a project with internal and external stakeholders
- Work with system engineers on design solutions to meet project RAMS requirements and applicable standards & regulations
- Review RAMS requirements specified in customer specifications and assign these to subsystem suppliers via supplier technical specifications
- Co-ordinate with subsystem suppliers on RAMS deliverables and review / approve supplier RAMS deliverables.
- Review RAMS deliverables with customer, address customer concerns/comments and get timely approval on deliverables.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical / Electronics & Communication / Mechanical / Industrial Engineering with 5 or more years of RAMS work experience in Rolling Stock preferred but candidates with RAMS experience in other safety critical industry such as Automotive, Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear or Marine will be considered as well.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - verbal, written and presentation.
- Ability to work independently.
- Detailed knowledge of RAMS theory and experience in RAMS tools & techniques.
- Knowledge of Rail Industry Standards – EN 50126, 50128, 50129, and / or Safety standards IEC 61508, MIL-STD-882E, MIL-STD-1629A, DOT-FTA-MA- 26-5005-00-01
- Experience in participating in safety review boards.
- Ability to identify safety critical functions both in hardware and in software.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, hydraulic and control schematics as well as mechanical engineering drawings.
position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they
are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.