Siemens is looking for a Logistics Specialist/Process Improvement Specialist for them growing organization. This person will focus upon improvement of logistics processes and systems to drive efficiency, speed, reliability, accuracy and productivity. He/she, with the support of management, will identify opportunities, and execute regular process improvement projects within the logistics department. Most projects will be system and data intensive. The position will also be responsible for training new employees.
**This person will work from home 2-3 days a week.
What you will do:
- Work for extended periods of time as a buyer or demand planner to gain expertise in the roles. May also cover for existing employees during periods of absence.
- With management, identify opportunities for process and/or systems improvement
- Perform analysis of data
- Maintain a pool of potential projects. Work with management to prioritize opportunities.
- Coordinate with plants, vendors, other departments, external agencies to ensure successful outcomes
- Lead and execute projects to drive improvement
- Be the champion of change within the department.
- Train new employees
What we need from you:
1. A Bachelors Degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management.
2. Strong Knowledge of Supply Chains in both Purchase to Order and Make to Order Environments
3. 2 - 5 years of work experience in an Operational environment with a demonstrated track record of process improvement activities
4. Advance user of Microsoft Excel and of an ERP system; SAP preferred.
5. Strong leadership skills and a quick learner.
6. Sharp Analytical skills: ability to handle large amounts of data.
7. High Level of computer skills.
8. Excellent planning and organizational skills
9. Excellent communication skills
10. Ability to interpret high volume of data and build reports
11. This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious
What will set you ahead of the pack:
1. Experience with Tableau, Snowflake, Web Focus, APO, Sales Force
2. Manufacturing experience
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.