Siemens Digital Industries Software (DISW) is an innovation leader in automation and digitilisation. In close cooperation with partners and customers, DISW drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industry. With the Xcelerator portfolio, Siemens offers companies of all sizes end-to-end products, solutions and services for the integration and digitilisation of the entire value chain. Optimised for the specific requirements of the respective industries, the unique portfolio enables customers to increase their productivity and flexibility.For more information about us visit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mVLaUyO4U
As part of our continued growth we are seeking a highly motivated Application Engineer to join our Simcenter Customer Support organisation, to provide technical advice in all aspects of engineering analysis to our clients using Simcenter STAR-CCM+ across a wide range of industry sectors.
The role will be based in our London (Hammersmith) office.
This position is an opportunity to be at the forefront of companies’ innovative usage of simulation in industrial and research environments. You will be operating in various sectors, such as Aerospace, Energy, Automotive and Marine, in application areas such as aerodynamics, thermal cooling, fluid structure interaction, combustion and multiphase flows.
The Application Engineer is encouraged to work closely with current and potential customers to understand their engineering workflow and processes and propose solution methodologies and best ways of working to help them meet their objectives.General day to day activities include:
- Using all aspects of CFD: CAD handling, meshing, solving, complex physics modelling, post-processing, coupling to other codes
- Following and using the new modelling techniques and features introduced in each release of Simcenter STAR-CCM+ (there are 3 per year), finding new application areas and creating new simulation examples
- Conducting training courses and customised mentoring;
- Conducting product demonstrations for a broad range of applications;
- Working on benchmark and validation studies;
- Interacting with customers remotely or at their offices, to get a deep understanding of their challenges & assist them with their projects;
- Crafting engineering solutions to fix or improve the customers’ CAE workflow and results - in performance, accuracy and adaptability;
- Encouraging and enabling the use of automated design space exploration and optimisation;
- Presenting our technology at seminars and conferences;
Excellent communication skills and a desire to work in a client facing role are important to success in this fast-paced, exciting & broad engineering role. If you are creative, like to take the initiative and want to be involved in groundbreaking CFD technology this is an excellent opportunity for you.Job requirements:
- A good first degree in engineering, mathematics or sciences
- MSc / PhD in fluid mechanics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent problem solving & organisational skills
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time