At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, therapeutic and molecular diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team at Siemens Healthineers as a Service Business Development Intern (Project Management, Business Excellence).
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Service Business Development Intern (Project Management, Business Excellence), you will be responsible for some or all the following:
- Shadowing team members in different job functions
- Assisting in coordination and facilitation of structured problem solving/value stream mapping events
- Helping to create documentation and action plans
- Tracking KPIs
- Identifying areas of departmental improvement opportunities
- Developing process improvement plans
- Keeping project documentation up to date
- Taking minutes and tracking issues/decisions
- Following up with team members for updates regarding work in progress
- Taking team suggestions and recommending changes
- Coordinating meetings and organizing venues
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers:
- Siemens Healthineers Medical Equipment Service Delivery
- Structured Problem Solving; Applying the Scientific Method to a broad range of problems
- Continuous Improvement; Six Sigma, LEAN, DMAIC, PDCA, etc.
- Data Analytics
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Siemens Healthineers Medical Equipment Service Delivery
- Basic Project Management; task and schedule orientation
- Proficient PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
This internship will enhance your education and career in the following areas:
- Experience in identifying problems, implementing continuous improvement actions, and measuring impact
- Work directly in a Global Healthcare company
- Exposure to continuous feedback environment
- Exposure to broad areas of business
- Practical application of LEAN, DMAIC, and other problem-solving tools
- Practical application of engineering skills and scientific method to business environment
- Enhanced communication skills in matrix style organization
- Practical experience with methodologies to apply to future project work
- Experience with risk identification and response to support desired outcomes
- Hands-on work with project management tools and processes
- Opportunity to strengthen organizational skills
Required skills to have for the success of this role:
- Must be a rising senior Bachelor’s or Master’s level student majoring in engineering (biomedical/industrial/etc.), project management or similar major
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Must feel comfortable working in a fully virtual environment (if needed)
- Must feel comfortable going onsite into office and follow site COVID-19 protocol (if needed)
- Must be local to the Cary, NC office (50 miles or less)
- Must be available to work part time (15-25 hours per week) during the academic year
- Must have permanent work authorization
- MS Office 365 proficiency
Start date: Winter/Spring 2022; 6 month duration.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for all new hires by their start date. (Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons).
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.