At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
We are looking for a Plant Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all manufacturing and engineering processes in our Heber Springs, Arkansas location, a manufacturing and distribution facility primarily focused on medium-voltage overhead outdoor power distribution products and solutions. Outdoor products are essential components of medium-voltage distribution grids. Siemens' comprehensive outdoor portfolio of switching devices is designed for a wide variety of applications and climatic conditions. Type-tested reliability as well as long electrical life and mechanical robustness help to minimize operation costs while increasing resiliency of medium-voltage smart grids. Solutions for wildfire mitigation available on select products.
Plant Manager Job Duties:
The plant manager is responsible for the daily direction and coordination of a manufacturing operation in the production of engineered to order on medium-voltage overhead outdoor power distribution products and solutions. This position is overall responsible for approximately 75 employees and reports directly to the Business Unit Operations leadership in Distribution Systems. The incumbent will develop efficiency strategies to ensure the attainment of business metrics and production goals with attention to budgetary requirements. Promote a culture that focuses on safety, quality, cost and delivery while actively driving continuous improvement across the organization. Act as liaison for the business, maintaining sound working relationships with internal and external partners.
• Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
• Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
• Responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
• Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
• Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
• Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
• Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime, Siemens Production Systems experience or other Lean Manufacturing experience necessary
• Commit to plant safety procedures and drive Siemens Zero Harm Culture
• Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
• Drive an ownership culture where all employees feel they are an integral part of the business
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree (business, engineering, or related field)
- 10+ years’ experience in operations management to include experience materials management, production management, or quality management.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy, SAP and Salesforce.com experience preferred
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Strong understanding of operational processes and business acumen
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.