Do you want to be part of making our society “greener”? Do you want to be part of the Digitalization and help to reduce our carbon footprint? eMeter, a Siemens business, leads one of the major products of Digital Grid Software business unit – EnergyIP®. With its solutions around Meter Data Management (MDM), we help solving key problems for the Electric, Gas, Water and Heat industry around the world.
Are you a strong problem solver with deep technical support and debugging skills? Are you able to simultaneous and effectively manage multiple, demanding clients? Do you have a strong desire to maintain high customer satisfaction, resolve critical issues by communicating effectively and marshaling the customer issue to closure? Do you enjoy to interface directly with customers as well as various functional teams in the organization to support our EnergyIP customers? The role of Senior Technical Support Engineer - EnergyIP platform, is for you!
What you will do:
- Prioritize, troubleshoot and resolve the customer submitted product issues within the defined SLAs.
- Record and manage incident in accordance with the department standards.
- Replicate customer reported issues on internal support environments, if needed.
- Act as customer advocate at Siemens and liaise with R&D/Product Management to ensure that customer voice is heard.
- Develop client-facing knowledge base articles for the reoccurring issues.
- Be on-call over the weekends on rotational basis.
What you need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Atleast 2 years of technical support or service delivery work experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- A self-starter with a “can do” attitude.
- Team player working in our global support team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively diagnose and solve technical customer issues.
- Knowledge of UNIX, Oracle including a basic understanding of computer networking concepts
- Technical troubleshooting experience of Java software
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
What makes you different from other candidates:
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka middleware technology
- Knowledge of SDLC for an enterprise software
* This position can be remote within the continental US.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: eMeter Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.