If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Are you a forward-thinking, curious innovator with a passion for technology? Want to work with companies to shape their digital future? Looking for a role where you’ll push your limits and learn something new every day? Our Compliance Data Privacy team could be for you.
From making industries smarter to creating blueprints for the future, at Siemens we develop the technologies that keep the world moving forward. You’ll work across a range of interesting and challenging projects, putting phenomenal ideas into action. What’s more, you’ll work alongside some of the sharpest minds in your field, gaining new skills and experiences, within a dynamic and supportive environment.
Join our team as a Data Privacy Manager.Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
We are looking for an expert for Data Privacy (“Data Privacy Manager”) who will focus on compliance with US and will work on European and other regulations about the protection of private data. Within this role, you will be partnering with multiple teams within Compliance and Siemens globally to ensure compliance of procedures, processes and technologies. Meticulous and thorough in your approach, you will review, document and propose enhancements to the business and private data handling processes and procedures. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of private data protection laws and be familiar with our industry and the nature of its data processing activities.Responsibilities:
- Support the US business groups with their data protection needs through comprehensive guidance on use of personal data
- Creation and optimization of private data protection guidelines, templates and other documents
- Planning, coordination and implementation of training courses and other private data protection events
- Collaborate with internal Business Application and Cybersecurity / Information Security Teams on privacy matters related to the organizations IT applications and systems
- Assist with the review of ongoing compliance of third party vendors as related to data protection and the processing of personal data on behalf of the organization
- Support internal teams and external authorities in assessing any potential privacy incidents
- Development, implementation and maintenance of data privacy metrics and monitoring
- Partner with various internal team on integration activities
- Ensure data privacy requirements are followed for new software applications and IT tools
- Provide advice and counsel regarding data protection matters as needed
- Solid knowledge of national data protection laws and GDPR General Data Protection Regulation required
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Minimum of 10 years experience in data protection and legal compliance
- BS degree required; JD a plus
- CIPP certification highly desired
- Knowledge of private data processing operations in the company’s sector is preferable
- Ethical, with the ability to remain impartial and report all non-compliances
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Superior analytical, problem solving and writing skills
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with internal partners at all levels and work on cross-functional teams on complex issues
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Why you’ll love working at Siemens!
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Flexible paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Paid parental leave
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.