The Application Support Engineering Associate Manger is responsible for managing a set of strategic customer accounts to ensure their technical success with our Simcenter software (Simcenter STAR-CCM+, Floefd/Flotherm). In addition to leading accounts, he or she would be responsible to supervise/lead Application support engineers and help deploy proactive customer support across Simcenter portfolio.
The role includes training, mentoring, providing direct customer support, supervision of application support engineers. The position works closely with the sales organization to define and execute pro-active initiatives to grow Simcenter usage.
Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with clients are critical to success in this fast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial in nature, and demonstrate good communication skills, we would like to hear from you.
Responsibilities and qualifications include but are not limited to the following:
- Partners with manager to supervise personnel group and activities of staff (i.e. hires, trains, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary, etc.).
- Interfaces with top-level customer engineers and managers to develop or enhance complex simulations .
- Assists other engineers in on large scale, complex projects using multiple software products.
- Provides business and technical feedback to managers.
- Technical Lead in guiding junior engineers.
- Works without supervision on highly complex projects with complete latitude for independent judgment.
- Extensive knowledge in one of the Simcenter products
- Supervise engineers in the team.
- Guide engineers on account management, customer relationships, technical scoping/guidance
- Handle team related Admin tasks ( Reports, salesforce logging/coaching)
- Act as DSE for couple of L1 accounts
- Assist Manager in team related tasks (Monthly meetings agenda, team building..etc) Oversee the team during manager's absence.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- S or M.S. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Chemical or related field with focus on computational methods and fluid dynamics.
- Experience in mentoring/supervision is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in delivering engineering solutions
- Excellent teamwork skills coupled with the ability to work independently with limited supervision from requirements to delivery
- Efficiently work under pressures and deadlines
- Flexible attitude.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time