At Siemens we are always
challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most
innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find
out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for ensuring the technical success of our customers in their use
of our software, Simcenter 3D and Nastran. Working closely with customers to understand their engineering
workflow, the Application Support Engineer proposes solutions and best practices to help the client meet their
objectives as well as improve their processes. The role includes classroom training, mentoring, and providing
direct customer support. The position works closely with the sales organization to discover opportunities to grow
usage within accounts and engage the customer to realize that growth.
Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with clients are critical to success in this fast-paced and
broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial, and possess excellent communication skills, we
would like to hear from you.
● Act as primary point of contact to assigned set of accounts for all technical issues related to their
use of Simcenter 3D and Nastran. Identify problems and take responsibility for successful resolution
Facilitate the sales process in developing account intelligence, pursuing opportunities for growth of
software usage, and assisting in software deployment.
Conduct technical discussions with customers to collect and understand simulation requirements,
propose solutions, and explain benefits of our approach.
● Conduct training on introductory and advanced topics in Simcenter 3D and Nastran
Perform benchmark simulations and test cases to explore new methods, define best practices and
● Create Knowledge Base articles for the customer community.
● Work on multiple projects and support engagements simultaneously.
● Collaborate with product management and industry teams to provide input on future product
direction, and communicate and demonstrate new software capabilities to customers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
● Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace or related field
Successful application of finite element, multi body or fatigue analysis to meet real world goals in
research or design.
● Experience with solutions for linear statics, buckling & normal modes on models of unlimited size
● Ability to learn new skills and adapt to customer application needs.
● Excellent communication, organization, time management, and presentation skills.
● Ability to travel up to 20%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
● M.S. or Ph.D. in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
● Experience with Simcenter 3D, Nastran, HEEDS or similar commercial tools.
● Experience with Structural analysis; Dynamic Forced Response; Acoustics; Advanced Nonlinear;
Rotor Dynamics; Superelement Components; Design Optimization; Topology Optimization;
Aeroelastic; Steady-state and Transient Thermal analysis
Working knowledge of common design processes, objectives and constraints in one of the following
industries: Aerospace, Turbomachinery, Automotive, etc.
● Additional locations may be considered
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now
or in the future for employment in the United States
Siemens Industry Software Inc. requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.