Siemens USA is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries.
The Social Media Content Lead will produce, write and edit content and stories for Siemens USA’s social media channels spanning Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. We’re looking for a natural storyteller and experienced writer and copy editor who can produce compelling content that engages followers in Siemens USA’s brand and business strategy.
The Social Media Content Lead will work within Corporate Communications’ Corporate Messaging team, which is charged with message development, content creation and digital channel management in the company’s largest market worldwide. This position will coordinate with a Social Media Specialist and team members specializing in speech-writing, digital content, and internal communications. The Social Media Content lead will execute and refine our strategy; coordinate with partners to maximize reach of organic social media posts; work across Corporate Communications to plan and create editorial calendars; develop engaging, high-impact stories and posts; and help the company engage in relevant social media conversations in real time.What are your responsibilities?
- Lead copywriter for Siemens USA channels
- Develop expertise in the Siemens USA business, its related industries and the company’s core topics to increase relevance and quality of social media content
- Develop copy and content that furthers goals and objectives outlined in Siemens USA’s social media strategy
- Ensure copy is error-free, crisp and concise, and conforms to best practices stylistically
- Mine and adapt speeches, briefing materials, message frameworks and stories produced by the Corporate Messaging team and companywide to create content for USA channels
- Coordinate with and support paid social media efforts
- Generate, edit, publish, and share content daily
- Ensure content is aligned with core topics and company brand
- Engage in social media listening and produce quote tweets and comments for shares
- Coordinate with creative services team to ensure social media copy and stories are enhanced by compelling multimedia assets
- Five to eight plus years of proven experience in writing and editing executive communications content
- Four year college degree in communications, writing, journalism or related field
- Ability in researching, planning and developing high-quality, engaging social media communication
- Demonstrated expertise in writing and editing
- Able to simplify complex subjects and write in plain language
- Ability to apply creative approaches to increasing engagement with Siemens USA’s social media posts
- Basic understanding of Siemens core businesses
- The ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Capacity to set priorities and meet deadlines, and ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success developing relationships at all levels of an organization and across functions
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Why you’ll love working at Siemens!
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Flexible paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Paid parental leave
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.