Project Test Engineer / Application Engineer – NX CAM Machining Software
We have an opening for an Application Engineer with the NX CAM Machining Software product development team.
This is a key role within a Lean-AGILE development organization with responsibility, working within a team, to help ensure that NX CAM software is meeting market and customer requirements. The day to day tasks can be varied ranging from helping to define new CAM software functions through to extensive use case software testing.
The position requires proven machining and CNC programming experience, ideally using Siemens NX CAM though experience with other CAM systems would be considered valuable. The “hands-on” machining experience will be relevant to both the definition of functionality requirements and to a program of on-machine testing of pre-release software.
An additional element of the role will involve working with Product Owners to help create content including new feature videos using screen capture or cameras to capture on-machine test results, or drafting short write ups, that can be used for market facing communication especially in the context of social media.
The position will require occasional travel, working with partners and with customers in practical tasks testing software, demonstrating new functions, and working with one or more Product Managers to gather requirements. The travel, subject to permitted travel conditions, could be both local and potentially international.
For the right individual this position with Siemens Digital Industry Software is a unique opportunity for a person with proven machining and/ or CNC programming experience to work in the engineering software business, interacting with manufacturers ranging from global, house-hold name companies to the smallest machine shop.
Qualifications and Skills (required);
- Proven experience in the use of CNC programming (CAM) software
- Direct experience with CNC machine tools – can be milling, turning or more complex machines.
- A good understanding of machining techniques, the selection of cutting tools, cutting parameters and the effect of these on the machining process.
- Quick learner, ability to analyze technologies, and develop quick problem-solving solutions.
- A strong interest in working in the technical software industry
- Good presentation skills and strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- An ability to take on demanding tasks, and to work through practical challenges, while maintaining a consistently positive attitude.
Qualifications and Skills (desired):
- Higher level technical qualifications in engineering, manufacturing, up to and including degree or masters level, would be an advantage but only in addition to the machining experience outlined above.
- Experience with the use of Siemens NX CAD/CAM software, though other system experience would be valuable
- Frequent use of, and experience of how to post to, current social media and other on-line services such as YouTube or community sites.
Location and Travel
- · There is some flexibility in the location though preference will be given to candidate who is (or who can be) located where communication and interaction with existing staff is convenient and practical. Home based working is a possible option if that is common for Siemens DISW staff within the country of location.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time