Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Are you brave enough to challenge yourself?
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions, and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
As part of our continued growth, we are seeking a highly motivated Application Engineer to join our Simcenter Customer Support organization, to provide technical advice in all aspects of engineering analysis to our clients using mainly Simcenter STAR-CCM+ but also other tools from our Simcenter portfolio across a wide range of industry sectors.
Join our team as “Application Engineer (m/f/d) for Simcenter STAR-CCM+” from our office in Wroclaw, Poland or any of our other Siemens locations within Poland.
This position is an opportunity to be at the forefront of companies’ innovative usage of simulation in industrial and research environments. You will be operating in various sectors, such as Aerospace, Energy, Automotive and Marine, in application areas such as aerodynamics, thermal cooling, fluid structure interaction, combustion and multiphase flows.
The Application Engineer is expected to work closely with current and potential customers to understand their engineering workflow and processes and propose solution methodologies and best practices to help them meet their objectives. General day to day activities include:
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by
- Using all aspects of CFD: CAD handling, meshing, solving, complex physics modelling, post-processing, coupling to other codes
- Following and using the new modelling techniques and features introduced in each release of Simcenter STAR-CCM+ (there are 3 per year), finding new application areas and creating new simulation examples
- Conducting training courses and customised mentoring
- Conducting product demonstrations for a broad range of applications
- Working on benchmark and validation studies
- Interacting with customers remotely or at their offices, to get a deep understanding of their challenges & assist them with their projects
- Crafting engineering solutions to fix or improve the customers’ CAE workflow and results - in performance, accuracy and robustness
- Inspiring and enabling the use of automated design space exploration and optimisation
- Presenting our technology at seminars and conferences
What do you need to realize what matters?
- A good first degree in engineering, mathematics or sciences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent problem solving & organisational skills
Knowledge in the following is an advantage – but not a must-have:
- Simcenter STAR-CCM+, Simcenter FLOEFD, Simcenter Flotherm (XT) or other commercial / open source CFD codes
- FEA tools such as Simcenter 3D or equivalent commercial / open-source codes
- 1D System Simulation tools such as Simcenter Amesim, Simcenter Flomaster or equivalent commercial / open-source codes
What we offer?
- Competitive salary and benefits (Lunch Subvention, Holiday Allowance, Medical Care, Sport Card, Life Insurance)
- Extra paid vacation days
- Work on implementations as product producer (Siemens) not a partner company
- Interesting and challenging career path within Siemens
- Support with relocation (candidate outside of Wroclaw)
We offer an international environment with more than 140,000 customers around the world who already rely on our expertise in digitization. We are involved in exciting and varied customer projects in the aerospace, automotive and transportation, consumer products and retail, electronics and semiconductors, energy and utilities, industrial machinery and heavy machinery, maritime, and medical devices and pharmaceuticals industries. With us, you will find a team-oriented work environment, comprehensive training options and attractive benefits. Through individual target agreements and diverse career models with specialization options, we offer you the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Be part of the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Siemens Digital Industries Software Homepage:
Siemens Digital Enterprise videos:
Siemens PLM & MOM videos:
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time