As a Lead Design Engineer you will direct the activities of the teams to achieve the safe implementation of signalling projects to the customer’s specifications and timescales agreed. Check that the quality of output from the section is to the required standards and that target dates are achieved.
What are my responsibilities?
- Monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design construction, testing are met and effect remedial action when required
- Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of design work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved
- Act as work package manager for design packages such as stage-works, fringe-works, data etc.
- Perform checking activities for design packages
- Act as a mentor for junior staff as required
- Assist in the reporting of delivery targets
- Perform duties as directed by management from time to time, including site works
- Safety responsibility in terms of Health and Safety legislation and company proceedures
- What do I need to qualify for this job?
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (essential
- Previous experience in Railway Signalling Systems (essential)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (essential)
- Hold IRSE Signalling Design License 1.1.510 & IRSE Design Verifier 1.1.160 (essential)
- Good communication skills both within own team, other disciplines and departments within Company
- Understanding of task, time and people management skills
- Hold IRSE Principles Designer License 1.1.550
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time