We make real what matters
Siemens Division Smart Infrastructure with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with our 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organization, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Smart Infrastructure Division.
As a UX designer, your role requires a good understanding of user experience best practices and hands on experience with interaction design as well as proven collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join our global in-house UX team to advocate to a cross functional team the needs of the user. You will be working across disciplines, organizational and geographical boundaries and with customers with diverse needs and pain points to rapidly develop world-class enterprise software. You will wear many UX hats and take the initiative to develop a variety of UX deliverables from personas to mock-ups as well as design governance and best practice documentation.
Your new responsibilities
- Defining and designing digital products on multiple platforms (web and mobile)
- Contribute to the redesign of our B2B products by following a UCD process from the collection of requirements to the development of concepts and final designs.
- Translating user research insights into actionable wireframes and high-fidelity mockups.
- Develop UX artifacts (user stories, user journeys, flow diagrams, clickable prototypes, UI specifications etc.)
- Collaborate with other UX team members to align design concepts across our products
- Help the UX team to evolve our Design System and advocate for UX across the organization
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor/Masters's degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 4-5 years of industry experience as a UX designer/Interaction designer with a portfolio of work demonstrating core interaction and visual design skills.
- Demonstrated expertise with modern design tools, with the ability produce high-fidelity mockups and prototypes.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of design process, methodology, and human-centered design including UX research.
- Strong experience in designing complex B2B products.
- Experience or interest in designing IoT based systems.
- English Business fluency is a must. German or any additional language is a plus.
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
At Siemens, we always face the task of building a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse digital minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time