We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 293 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
Your new scope of duties – challenging and future-oriented
- Your tasks include personal and technical management as well as the strategic organisation of the system testing department
- You define and implement an effective test process and ensure the quality, coverage, automation, infrastructure and innovation of tests
- Responsibility for timely end-to-end and workflow-based test executions on the basis of functional and non-functional requirements
- Ensuring the expected test coverage for the various release cycles of our systems and solution components (cloud releases, services, device releases, networked intelligent devices) at all times
- Responsible for the introduction and evaluation of new test technologies and procedures (CI/CD pipelines, artificial intelligence, API/services, test automation, etc.), coordinating these globally and ensuring a high degree of automation
- Identification of core competencies and ensuring the continuous development of the department in terms of expertise, tools and infrastructure
- You are responsible for resource planning (materials/people/costs) and budget preparation as well as cost tracking for your department
- If any problems arise, you support your team and expedite recommended solutions
- Managing the global Circle of Experts, and ensuring expertise across multiple locations as well as the sharing of best practices
- In addition, you enforce the quality standards required globally and the quality processes applicable
- Maintaining a close relationship with institutes, universities, specialist committees and key suppliers
- Accountability in selected areas as well as in cross-departmental tasks
Your qualifications – substantiated and adequate
- Master's degree in computer science or electrical engineering
- Proactive, motivated and committed personality with a growth mindset and strong leadership skills, who values global collaboration and is ready to keep our solutions up to date with the latest technology
- Results-oriented and initiative personality with very good team and communication skills, organisational skills, perseverance and a strong focus on quality, self-assertion and a strong focus on quality
- Able to communicate at different management levels up to senior management in a knowledgeable, satisfactory and results-orientated manner
- Able to work independently and use analytical and conceptual skills to solve and structure complex tasks
- You can demonstrate experience in software development, software testing and in using relevant test management tools (Jazz, RQM)
- Ideally, you can draw on several years of management experience in relation to system testing in an agile development environment
- Industry experience in the field of building automation and cloud solutions would be advantageous
- You are willing to take occasional business trips worldwide
- Very good German and English skills (spoken and written) perfect your profile
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Internal note: JobIQ
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time