Companies don’t move the world forward, people do. Help us lead the way to a smarter future!
Siemens is seeking a Tax Manager to work in its Corporate Tax Department. Siemens, founded in 1847, is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. Siemens had EUR 57 billion in revenue in its fiscal 2020 and has a wide range of businesses including Digital Industries, Siemens Mobility, Smart Infrastructure and Siemens Healthineers. Siemens has over 293,000 global employees.Description of the Position
The position will be focused on the company’s SISW business, with its focus on tax challenges associated with the high technology industry, including mergers and acquisitions, evolving business models, and a complex and changing regulatory environment. The corporate team has tax specific responsibilities across all areas of tax related matters and provides support to management in making various business and operational decisions. Tax leadership has a strong history of promotion from within as such the position offers a great deal of growth opportunity for strong performers.
We are looking for a motivated individual that has a high level of professionalism, is friendly, dedicated, has strong decision making skills and wants growth opportunity. You will work well as part of a team, have high ethical standards, learn quickly, and have a strong attention to detail. By joining the tax team, you will become part of a highly collaborative environment. You will interact with business partners in multiple departments and countries. We envision the role as consultative and project based work with an emphasis on the taxation of high technology. The duties will vary depending upon the needs of the department. The Tax Manager will also provide support to other team members in addressing compliance, provision, tax audits, transfer pricing and M&A. Duties may include:
- Providing advice with respect to tax consequences of business transactions, including the research, review, documentation, and implementation of tax positions that support these transactions
- Undertaking projects to respond to business and tax law changes, including optimizing global value flows and reviewing the characterizations of software sales and assessing associated withholding tax costs
- Supporting transfer pricing requirements, including creating and updating transfer pricing reports, consensus determinations and preparation of related documentation
- Supporting the setting and testing of tax requirements in ERPs system
- Assisting in M&A due diligence and integration activities, including the integration of newly acquired IP into global structures, and assisting with coordinating and determining the tax implications of global legal entity integration project
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required. CPA, MST, MBA, JD or LLM in tax is a plus
- 7+ years of progressive experience in public accounting and/or internal tax department
- Experience working in consultative based positions, including international tax, transfer pricing, M&A, and general corporate tax
- Strong tax technical knowledge, research capabilities, analytical and qualitative skills, including the ability to conceptualize and think creatively
- Excellent project management, organizational and documentation skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Tax Software (Corptax), SAP, EssBase and Business Objects experience helpful
- Ability to travel~10% (Post Covid)
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Flexible time off plan in 2022, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.