Software Engineer – Global Maintenance System (GMS) – Railway Infrastructure
Pune | Siemens Mobility | Full-time
Together we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!
Change the future with us
You will work on specific application engineering of a Global Maintenance System (GMS), a state-of-the-art product for the diagnostics of the signalling sub-systems in mainline interlocking and ETCS projects, with special and general engineering tools and as per processes laid down with required documentation.
• Prepares the technical project-specific documentation for his/her area of responsibility.
• Carries out data preparation tasks for GMS specific application engineering and reports to the team leader and the Sub Project Manager.
• Guarantees the fulfilment of the relevant work packages according to time schedule with regard to time-related goals.
• Recognizes deviations in his/her area of responsibility early, identifies causes of problems and resolves them (in coordination with the sub project management and stakeholders)
• Detects the sources of risk for his/her tasks, provides the Sub Project manager with relevant data
• Supports in the documentation and review processes.
• Takes part in coaching GMS engineering colleagues in his/her projects
Use your skills to move the world forward
• You have Bachelors degree in engineering, preferably in electrical / electronics engineering.
• You carry 1 to 3 years of relevant experience.
• You are experience in reading and understanding technical requirements to generate design documentation.
• You have knowledge of railway signaling systems and train control functions (Preferable).
• You are experienced in SW engineering of SCADA systems or train/signalling HMI systems.
• You have knowledge about configuration of process automation systems and remote diagnostics using tools such as WinCCOA. (Good to have)
• You have knowledge of engineering processes and communication skills to interface with different departments.
• You have experience on applicable engineering tool chain (e.g. DOORS, MS-Office, AutoCAD, SAP, IBM RTC/ Clearcase)
• You are aware of relevant Norms and Standards (e.g. EN 50126, 50128, 50129)
• You are ready to relocate anywhere in India and will temporary willing for training purposes be located in Germany.
• You are willing to work as team member in international projects.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time