At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
We are looking for a Buyer for our Heber Springs, Arkansas location, a manufacturing and distribution facility primarily focused on medium-voltage overhead outdoor power distribution products and solutions. Outdoor products are essential components of medium-voltage distribution grids. Siemens' comprehensive outdoor portfolio of switching devices is designed for a wide variety of applications and climatic conditions. Type-tested reliability as well as long electrical life and mechanical robustness help to minimize operation costs while increasing resiliency of medium-voltage smart grids. Solutions for wildfire mitigation available on select products.
Supports business in semi-complex buying strategies and activities to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of material and services; plans and expedites as needed and serves as liaison between manufacturing and vendors.
- Manage the supply chain & provide a prime focal point to suppliers.
- Generates Purchase Orders (SAP) in assigned queue in accordance with required strategies based on the requisition and obtains order acknowledgement.
- Identify, report and manage potential problems and proactively address material shortages before impacting production.
- Manages supplier On Time Delivery (OTD)
- Prepare and manage supplier key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Obtain information from suppliers in order to complete supplier setups
- Familiarity with the various Siemens Procurement tools (SAP, EZ Suite, IOL, GMDM, SCMStar, etc)
- Issues PO’s for Capital equipment in oneSRM
- Participates in the Supplier Qualification Process for new suppliers of key major components
- Prepares and conducts negotiations as required for issuing Purchase Orders and seeks price reductions for YOY spend.
- Coordinates with Engineering, Supplier Quality and manufacturing as required
- Ensures compliance with SIEMENS buying guidelines.
- Understand Siemens T&C’s, contract and project deliverables and enact plans for meeting goals.
- Leads Supplier Non-Conformances (NCRs) with the Supplier Quality Manager and Engineering to insure no impact on production floor.
- Performs Supplier Evaluations and Supplier Development Plans for the assigned commodities, including establishing supplier score cards.
- Support resolutions of GR/IR issues and other exceptions to established rules
- Support and help define commodity strategies for assigned purchasing spend.
Required Skills, Experience, Education:
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in supply chain, business or technical curriculum
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience
- Strong written and oral communication in English language
- Highly skilled with Microsoft office products (Power Point, Word and Excel)
- Must be customer focused and a collaborative team player
- Ability to assess priorities, demonstrate flexibility and understand sense of urgency
- Self-motivated, demonstrate problem solving abilities, continuous improvement and decision-making skills
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Experience and Knowledge of castings, fasteners, sheet metal, commodity metals and various electrical components is desired
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.