Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Location - This role can be based out of any of our main office locations (Calgary AB, Oakville, ON, or Montreal QC)
What will you do?
We are looking for a motivated individual with a broad range of knowledge in Canadian Occupational Health and Safety and Workers’ Compensation legislation and as well as high interest in environmental, health and safety topics to support all aspects of Siemens Smart Infrastructure RSS Organization EHS program and Initiatives. You would assist in driving a safety culture to achieve our vision of zero injuries and support continuous improvement. This role will require competency to be organized and motivated to work remotely.
- Ensure all employees and contractors comply with applicable provincial and other regulatory requirements.
- Support the Project Management Team with implementation of effective Site-Specific Safety Plan. Support plan creation, including the development of job safety analysis, safe work practices as well as hazard / risk assessments and incident investigation as required.
- Assist Senior Location Managers with compliance to their role requirements as it relates to EHS.
- Support Joint Health and Safety Committees in their legislated role and requirements.
- Conduct incident investigation for all injuries or near misses, to identify root causes, trends, prevention strategies and report findings and lessons learned in Siemens’ tools and to respective management. Report injuries to applicable WCB board.
- Continuously support improvement of the Health, Safety and Environment programs by updating hazard assessments, identification of aspects / impacts, JSAs, safe work policies and procedures in collaboration with the Field Operation team.
- Support maintenance of EHS Insight Software, perform quality review of safety records and communicate updates to safety program.
- Support safety training program and conduct internal Siemens specific safety training virtually and/or in person.
- Support Supplier Pre-Qualification process.
- Monitor and support Certificate of Recognition (COR) process as well as mandatory customer / project requirements.
- Monitor and support various aspects of new initiatives rolled out within the EHS program.
- Travel to project and branch sites and Conduct site safety inspection as required.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bilingual (English/French) verbal and written communication skills.
- Graduate of an Environmental Health Safety program at a recognized College or University or industry recognized program or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Occupational, Health and Safety role in construction or industrial setting.
- Expertise in the areas of incident investigations, root cause analysis, workplace inspections, hazard analysis, risk assessment, safe work practice or job safety analysis development, employee relations.
- Comprehensive knowledge in Canadian occupational health and safety and workers’ compensation Legislation and Regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of COR, EHS Management Systems including ISO 45001, 14001.
- Strong leadership skills with effective change management experience and an ability to lead and influence safety culture.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both oral and written); customer focus, and agility.
- Ability to build effective relationships and gain trust with stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate options, solutions, and exercise judgment in making sound decisions.
- Ability to learn and work in high pace and remote work environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and other software tools.
- Asset: Safety professional designation or certification (i.e. NCSO, CRSP); COR Auditor Certification in various provinces
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.