Company: Siemens SISW
Job Title: Software Development Technical Architect
Job Reference #: 274182
Job Location: OR, WA, AZ, TX, IL, MO, AL, MI, OH, MA, NC, GA, NY
As part of Technical Operations Architecture and Standards team, you will interact with all software development organizations within Siemens Digital Industries SW (DI SW), guiding and assisting on tools selections, and overall architectural decisions in development workflows. Acting as a partner and consultant to the development organizations, you will learn their various approaches and requirements in producing a wide portfolio of products including cloud native and legacy on-premise implementations. You will also have the opportunity to represent development requirements as a domain specialist in the tools marketplace, staying abreast of the latest SW development tools and practices.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Establish close, collaborative trust relationship with the DI SW development teams
- Represent development in a wide variety for forums, from tool vendor negotiations to engineering forums, and leadership teams
- Evangelize and establish best practices for common tool and platform usage and approaches, driving standardization and cost efficiencies where possible, including secure software development principles (DevSecOps)
- Produce software tool and platform roadmaps aligning with segment strategy and vision, as well as business and operational priorities, producing architectural definitions, implementation plans, along with standards definition and upkeep
- Manage vendor relationships, driving DI SW engineering needs into strategic plans, and leading associated tool evaluations and POCs
- Partner with Asset Management and Procurement on vendor contract reviews along with license management, developing a broad understanding and reporting capabilities for the development tools landscape
- Min 5 years combined software development and QA experience
- Experience with a broad variety of development approaches from waterfall to agile (SAFe), cloud native to traditional on-premise, CICD pipelines and approaches
- Broad software development tool experience and understanding of the marketplace
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with global teams, including comfort in presenting up through executive level management
- Willing to travel
- Clear understanding of software development pipelines and potential problem areas associated with each
- Proven leadership in driving innovation and forward thinking about solutions and architectures across cloud native and on-premise development efforts and testing
- Contract review experience and understanding of variety of SW licensing models
- Broad platform experience, including OS platforms, IaaS, and PaaS engineering platforms
- Experience working with applications transforming to microservices architecture and cloud based deployments
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.