We are looking for a junior software engineer to work in the RET team in the Calibre business unit.
You will be teaming up with a group of senior software engineers and working on designing and implementing effective and custom APIs that will enable re-use of core Calibre functions with external packages and external solutions.
Effectively this job will require you to piece together in optimal and robust ways diverse components that each solve separate problems and compose a complete solution from the individual pieces.
All applications of this work relate to the domain of semiconductor manufacturing, but the core principles needed are more purely software engineering.
Some experience in moderately complex systems and design/ implementation of APIs is highly desirable.
You will be working in RET team to help run things in distributed environments effectively at scale. The tool works at the leading edge distributed systems and large data centers, there is ample scope to learn newer technologies at the leading edge.
- Development and optimization of advanced functionalities for next generation Calibre Cluster Management and Monitoring system.
- Design, develop and optimize complete software systems using scientific analysis.
- Modify existing software to correct critical errors in real customer flows/setup.
- Conduct experiments and analyze large data to measure and improve performance of algorithms by incorporating accurate heuristics.
- Interact with other teams like marketing and customer support to obtain information on functional requirements and priorities for new features.
- Interact with team leads and other engineers to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Conceptualize projects and functional specifications based on feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Interact with QA to develop feature specific testing and validation procedures to ensure quality of results.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Applied Mathematics.
- Excellent programming skills and demonstrable experience in C and C++ on UNIX and/or LINUX platforms.
- Experience/knowledge with integration of software packages and design of interfaces between them to make the whole work. Experience working with TCL/Python is a plus
- S/W development, EDA would be a plus
- BS 5+yrs experience, MS 3+ yrs experience
Required knowledge, skills, or expertise:
- Software engineering, C/C++, TCL/Python. Experience developing API’s/integrating with different tools. Demonstrated ability and strong desire to learn and explore new technologies.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.