The Smart Infrastructure DS Business Unit of Siemens located near Raleigh, NC is looking for highly qualified and energetic Engineers for our Low Voltage Motor Control Center Engineering team.Position Overview:
The objective of the LV MCC (Low Voltage Motor Control Center) Mechanical Engineer is to manage the technical expectations of the project amongst the stake holders involved. This consists in ensuring that the end result of the motor control center design is in accordance to the contract specifications, functionality requirements, safety requirements and the applicable technical regulations.Essential Job Functions:
- Work independently to create all mechanical documents for manufacturing of MCCs. Typical documents include:
- Mechanical Bills of material and Layout drawings
- Requests for custom mechanical designs
- Utilize COMPAS configurator software to prepare mechanical bills of material with a high degree of accuracy.
- Execute the assigned “Design to Order” tasks. This will include the development of new 3D & 2D mechanical designs required for a respective project.
- Work with the factory manufacturing team to diagnose and resolve engineering issues.
- Complete the assigned “Product Support” tasks based on identified Non-Conformances and design errors. This will include update and correction of existing assemblies that have been found defective during assembly or commissioning operations.
- Manage the assigned list of materials and mechanical assemblies needed to fulfill the technical requirements of the project. Create Bills of Materials, develop new assemblies, validate functionality and release the part/assemblies to production.
- Provide feedback as needed to the Siemens LV MCC R&D team based on effectiveness of the design library and market trends where gaps in our technical offer have been identified.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done with high quality and in a professional manner.
- BS in Engineering (prefer Mechanical).
- 5+ years experience in 3D modeling of parts and assemblies in 3D software (Teamcenter, Solidworks, Creo, Unigraphics/NX). NX is preferred.
- 4 years experience of AutoCAD
- 1 year Experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning) solutions (SAP, Oracle).
- 1 year experience working with “Bill of Materials”.
- Ability to multitask, managing large workloads and business demands.
- An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality.
- Less than 10% travel required
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning) solutions (SAP, Oracle).
- Experience in design, manufacturing or quality of Medium Voltage/Low voltage equipment.
- Experience with programming languages (visual basic, java)
- Experience in manufacturing, quality or test areas.
- Experience with cloud based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solutions (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics).
- At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.