Exciting opportunities have risen for experienced System Engineers to join our Rail Traffic Management team in Melbourne, Sydney and Auckland offices.
Siemens Mobility is an outstanding place to have a career in an innovative environment. Siemens Mobility Rail Infrastructure business supplies the global markets of rail and road-bound transport with innovative products and solutions for Rail Automation, Rail Electrification and in the area of intermodal mobility, apps and backend systems.
If you're interested to join our growing OCS (Operational Control System) team in Melbourne, Sydney or Auckland as (Senior) Systems Engineer, we will offer you the support to make it happen!
We make real what matters.
In this role, you will engineer (or lead) the engineering of all aspects of vital and non-vital Traffic Management Systems in accordance with the requirements and specifications of the client railways.
- Scope user requirements (specifications, scenarios, rules, interoperability etc.) relating to the OCS.
- Specify the OCS requirements with the objective of defining favourable solutions in terms of both budget and timescale, taking into consideration the product characteristics and important system aspects.
- Define and update the OCS architecture as part of the overall system architecture.
- Review and support of system level documents and activities in conjunction with OCS engineering life cycle (e.g. RAMS analyses, integration/validation plan, training and test concepts).
- Continuously process and assess OCS requirements in conjunction with system performance, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Assure compliance with applicable technical standards and regulations.
What you need to make real what matters.
- You are an experienced Systems Engineer or Solution Architect, preferably having domain knowledge of the Rail industry
- You have demonstrated capability in stakeholder communication, consultations and technical negotiations with customer operations and maintenance staff.
- We’d love to see your prior experience in Traffic Management Systems, preferably some experience in brownfield rail.
- You have tertiary education in Computer Science, Control Systems, Information Technology or Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
What We Offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We support a diverse workforce.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time