Are you a Data Engineer experienced in design, implement and test data configurations for Train Control Systems? We would like to speak with you!
Siemens Mobility is an outstanding place to have a career in an innovative environment. Siemens Mobility Rail Infrastructure business supplies the global markets of rail and road-bound transport with innovative products and solutions for Rail Automation, Rail Electrification and in the area of intermodal mobility, apps and backend systems.
If you are interested to join our growing OCS (Operational Control System) team in Melbourne as Application Engineer, we will offer you the support to make it happen!
This is your role. What part will you play?
In this role, you will apply and extend tools associated with development and test of system configuration data for Train Control Systems. You will:
- Perform work estimates and planning for modifications to existing OCS systems and for new applications of OCS systems.
- Engineer changes to software-based systems, including creation of and modifications to railway control models, railway signalling interfaces and dynamic graphical user interfaces.
- Develop detailed solutions for integration to ensure the correct interaction of the individual elements as a functioning unit.
- Configure the components and systems of the solution according to the specified requirements of the customer.
- Perform analysis and clarification of requirements.
- Prepare data design, data process and data test documentation.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- You are an experienced Data Engineer, preferably having domain knowledge in the Rail / Transport Industry, or Automated Control Systems.
- You bring expertise in Scripting (Python, Perl, Unix shell or Windows scripting), Coding (C++ or Java), Macros, Excel and XML.
- You possess analytical skills to investigate issues, systematically test and bug-fix complex system configurations.
- You have tertiary education in Computer Science, Control Systems, Information Technology or Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
What We Offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We support a diverse workforce.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time