At Siemens, customer experience is at the forefront of everything we do. To help us build functional systems that improve customer experience we are now looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer. They will be responsible for deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet our customers' needs. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are familiar with cutting edge technologies, Security, Cloud and automation, we’d love to speak with you.
Objectives of this Role
• Working with any CICD tools like Jenkins, Gitlab, any others.
• Working with automation and Infrastructure as Code(IaC) tools
• Working with Linux Operating Systems and cloud environments
• Building and setting up new development tools, infrastructure and Networking
• Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
• Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
• Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
• Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
• System troubleshooting and maintenance, administering development tools and systems(JIRA, Confluence, CICD tools etc.,)
• Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
• Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
• Deploy updates and fixes
• Provide technical support
• Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
• Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
• Perform root cause analysis for production errors
• Investigate and resolve technical issues
• Develop scripts to automate visualization
• Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
Skills and Qualifications
• 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
• Proficient with git and git workflows
• Good knowledge of Ruby or Python
• Working knowledge of any Cloud environment
• Problem-solving attitude
• Collaborative team spirit
• Experience developing application in cloud environment.
• Experience on Containers and container orchestration tools.
• Experience developing engineering applications for a large corporation