We are a collection of innovative minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further. We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow.
Your Role as Strategic Purchaser:
The objective is to progressively supplement the supplier’s
knowledge with professionalism, creativity
and experience of the company, find the right, strategically fit suppliers for the business and develop strategies and joint goals to gradually elevate the supply chain’s performance of the organization while enacting corporate principles and ethics.
Furthermore, to minimize the total costs by integrating procurement and suppliers’ management into the projects’ process through the approach of early involvement strategy. The implementation of overall supply chain’s concept is determined in the Sourcing Committee led by supply chain management function in close collaboration with Project Management, Engineering, Quality, Logistics and Accounting functions. Finally, the strategic purchaser must influence and reflect substantial contribution to EVA of the company mainly through establishment of following tasks and responsibilities:
• Processes purchase requests (depending on thresholds), adds necessary information (e.g. Commodity Code (ESN), INCOTERMS).
• Analyzes material availability, manages purchase orders incl. tracking; checking of content, to ensure cost-efficient and on time supply of materials according to demand.
• Management and monitoring of contract with suppliers to ensure complete implementation and compliance of the agreed terms and conditions stipulated in the contract obtaining highest feasible CNI.
• Maintain and update supplier master data (if mandated) in coordination with Regional Procurement in SAP; archive documents according to local regulations to keep the database always accurate and up to date.
• Actively contributes to cooperation with all other parties involved passing on all relevant information to improve the flow of material and value through the supply chain.
• Forwards systematically all relevant Procurement related project information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to keep all project participants up to date.
Your Qualifications And Skills
• Graduate of university bachelor's degree major in SCM, Commerce, IT, Engineering, or other equivalent majors.
• 3 – 5 years of extensive experience in procurement environment
• Basic computer background is a must to liaise with IT Department for software and hardware requirement of the customer.
• Certification in related SCM and Procurement Principles and Disciplines is a plus
• Excellent management, leadership, and executive experience and abilities to lead acquisitions team -Extensive professional and interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral -Strong business operations and economic knowledge to understand which purchases and investments are most beneficial -Highly organized professional with extensive experience in administration -Developed critical thinking, decision-making, and evaluation skills
• Fluent in English and Arabic
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Supply Chain Management
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time