The Sales Support Specialist is a key technical role within the Siemens DI PA MI GCI Subsegment – the global headquarters of the Maxum II Gas Chromatograph and Systems Integration Solutions business in Houston, TX. This is a technology focused role with the primary responsibility for supporting the sales team in developing the most cost-competitive and technically sound product and solutions proposal for our customers in new and existing accounts. Candidates should be able to demonstrate technical expertise in the field of gas chromatography and other related technologies in the field of process analytics.
- Prioritize assigned RFQ’s and coordinate actions as needed to fully define and accurately interpret scope requirements
- Identify and configure the best technical solution to meet the customer needs
- Collaboratively review application requirements with internal resources locally and globally as needed to ensure consistent application of Siemens technology
- Develop technical proposal and issue Quotation for assigned RFQ’s and ensure that all costing, pricing, and discount structures have been applied as appropriate
- Ensure technical descriptions and application notes are defined clearly in the technical proposal to ensure a “clean order”
- Close orders upon award and support project controlling and engineering teams during the “handover” from Sales to Operations
BS/BA in physical science discipline preferred.
Chemistry background is preferred, In-depth knowledge in Gas Chromatography is ideal.
- Typically, 5-8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of KEY responsibilities and knowledge as presented above. Equivalent combination of education and experience as an advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Basic chemistry knowledge and understanding of gas chromatography and other process measurement principles (thermal conductivity, flame ionization, photoionization, IR, etc).
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and strong work performance:
• Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and
persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets
clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation
• Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Quality--Demonstrates accuracy and
thoroughness; Strong attention to detail; Looks for ways to improve and promote
quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure
• Adaptability—Able to manage competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Able to commit to virtually meeting with global customers as needed.
• Dependability-- Completes work in timely manner; Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.