As an eDiscovery Paralegal you will be part of the Litigation Team within the Legal and Compliance Department. You will assist in-house counsel and external counsel in all stages of litigation. We are looking for someone with specific experience throughout the EDRM lifecycle. The ideal candidate must be a team player who can also work independently, shift focus, adapt to changing priorities, and maintain patience in high pressure situations.
This position will report to Senior Counsel, Litigation with a preferred work location in Alpharetta, GA or Iselin, NJ, with partial work-from-home flexibility each week.
- Assist in-house counsel in coordination and management of multiple litigation matters and subpoena responses.
- Consult with in-house and external attorneys to determine litigation support requirements and eDiscovery needs.
- Provide discovery recommendations, plans, time-lines and estimates to the responsible in-house attorney.
- Ensure outside counsel handles eDiscovery topics consistent with established processes.
- Draft, send and track legal hold notifications; identify and scope custodians.
- Plan, schedule and implement electronic and paper collections, including identification and scoping of key data sources for collection.
- Work with outside counsel to perform search term iterations for data culling and export.
- Coordinate external counsel and third-party eDiscovery hosting and review vendors.
- Maintain accurate and current records of all aspects of projects relating to tracking, specifications, and chain of custody related to litigation issues.
- Review, select, categorize, organize and maintain documents, including for litigation purposes and subpoenas.
- Utilize matter management system for tracking litigation and maintaining case budgets.
- Assist in the preparation of answers to interrogatories, responses to other written discovery and document production.
- Manage subpoena responses.
- Handle scheduling, communications and act as a liaison between in-house attorneys, business colleagues, and outside counsel.
- Perform basic legal research and other information searches.
- Create reports from matter management and legal hold tools as needed.
- Handle various administrative tasks and ad-hoc legal projects.
Required Skills To Be Successful In This Role:
- Experience with matter management and ebilling tools.
- Experience with Exterro Fusion or similar legal hold tools.
- Experience with OpenText Axcelerate or similar tools like Relativity.
- Advanced knowledge of litigation management.
- Advanced knowledge of eDiscovery applications, discovery processes and technologies.
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with project management, organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to handle difficult or sensitive information in a tactful manner.
- Excellent drafting and proofreading skills.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of the corporate structure and prioritize and handle numerous competing demands in a high-volume, fast-paced working environment, frequently under tight deadlines.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- At least five years of experience in litigation support, eDiscovery or as a paralegal involved with case management, legal holds, interviews, document collection, analysis, export and assistance with all stages of discovery.
- Minimum of two years of general paralegal experience.
- Bachelor's degree required, will consider AA degree with commensurate experience.
- Paralegal and eDiscovery certification preferred.
Why you’ll love working at Siemens:
- Competitive compensation based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week (Fully remote during pandemic)
- Paid parental leave
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.