Siemens Smart Infrastructure Division bundles know-how from our smart grid, low, medium voltage, energy automation, energy distribution businesses. Together as a Division we cover product portfolio from low voltage to medium voltage, plus we are heavily investing globally and locally in the market growth areas of e-houses projects, micro grids, data centers, energy storage, e-mobility and more.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bid Professional to join our Distribution Systems team in our VIC / NSW offices. Reporting to the Proposals Team Leader, and working with our Solutions & Systems teams focusing on E-House solutions, Data Centre Solutions, Medium & Low Voltage Switchgears, this role will be both challenging and rewarding having full responsibility for proposals.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Full ownership as Bid Leader for the preparation and submission of winning customer quotations, bids and tenders in accordance with Siemens policy and guidelines.
- Develops, designs and completes customer proposals in technical aspects (Proposal Engineer).
- Analyzes customers' technical setup in order to better judge on aspects of product and solution integration.
- Completes technical analyses and supports proposal process at any stage as part of the sales team.
- May support completion of service contracts (i.e. planning and estimation of labor categories, rates, material cost, etc.).
- May manage respective sub-contractors.
- Develops the product, solution and/or service strategy and suggests a long term roadmap for the lifecycle of the assigned product, solution and/or service portfolio, which ensures their commercial success.
- Constantly observes relevant markets (competitor activities, portfolio gaps, demand and supply conditions, standards and regulations within target markets, etc.).
- Collaborate with Product Managers, order execution team, factory engineering and sales to optimize Siemens technical and commercial offer to provide winning value aligned to the customer requirements
- Prepare or support the preparation of design documentation including: single line diagrams, general arrangements, product selection & technical descriptions, bill of materials, and preliminary configuration files
- Prepare the cost calculations, including; commercial risk assessments & quantification; coordination with commercial partners
- Prepare, and validates with the relevant internal & external stakeholders, preliminary project plans including: quality, schedule, human resources
- Management of inbound customer inquiries, especially technical Q&A’s, RFI’s and related clarifications relating to assigned inquiries
- Coordination of customer purchase order receipt processing and timely handover to operations ensuring the quality standards.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Experience with Solutions Proposal Management in the Power Distribution market
- Knowledge and experience with Medium Voltage (AIS & GIS) technology, LV Switchgears and Busways
- Tertiary degree in Electrical engineering
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Advanced understanding of Quality, Safety and Environment requirements
- Knowledge of relevant Australian and International Design and Electrical standards
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realize the potential of our people.
As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.