We are looking for a Senior Employee Relations Advisor with deep experience influencing and impacting dynamic businesses through effective management (both proactive and reactive) of a wide range of employee relations issues. This person will be accountable for working with employees across organizations, building trusted relationships quickly, and leading with empathy, compassion, and creativity to drive the right solutions. If you’re passionate about employee relations and you want to play a meaningful role in creating and maintaining a workplace where all employees can thrive, this role might be for you! This position can work remote from an East coast or Central time zone.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage your deep expertise in employee relations to investigate complex employee relations issues, working with appropriate internal and external parties, including efficiently summarizing findings and making disciplinary recommendations.
- Coach, counsel, and advise management and staff to ensure effective resolution of employment-related matters.
- In response to employee complaints, identify and lead interventions in response to resolve disputes
- Advise managers regarding Performance Improvement Plans, assist in plan creation and oversee their implementation.
- Use your exceptional writing skills to maintain documentation and tracking of all employee relations issues and close all matters effectively, including, but not limited to providing follow-up documentation as appropriate.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing employee relations programs, policies, practices and procedures and recommend changes to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of operations and services.
- Participate in, manage, and execute strategic employee relations-focused team projects.
- Interpret policies and their application and provide suggestions for improvements to policies when applicable.
- Provide proactive strategic guidance and direction to the management team regarding all aspects of employee relations.
- Creates and updates process flows, internal department trainings as needed.
- Partner with both Corporate Compliance and Corporate Security for comprehensive employee relation solutions.
Who you are:
- A great listener with high emotional intelligence and the ability to communicate with and relate well to all levels of employees.
- An analytical thinker with high attention to detail and strong problem resolution skills.
- A strong communicator, both verbal and written.
- Organized and flexible. You can manage multiple ongoing projects/investigations and you respond appropriately to unexpected urgent cases.
- A lifelong learner, bringing your growth mindset to work everyday to enhance your growth and the growth of those around you.
What you’ll need:
- 8 plus years of employee relations experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
- Strong knowledge of employment law.
- Strong database skills to enter and track data.
- Ability to create and make presentations to all levels in the organization.
- Ability to coach, counsel, and advise management and staff to ensure the resolution of employment-related matters.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Work remote and travel as needed 5 to 10%
- Paid parental leave
Organization: People & Organization
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.