Mode of Employment: Limited, Part-time 17,5 h/week
Headed to the future? Hop right in.
Industrial use cases require dependable wireless connectivity. However, quantifying and fulfilling dependability is a challenge in complex communication systems envisioned for future disaggregated and open campus networks. These systems consist of a multitude of orchestrated communication solutions (e.g., 5G and beyond, industrial WLAN) and distributed processing capabilities and services (e.g., edge computing, AI/ML as a Service, positioning), with a tendency towards disaggregation and open communication interfaces as proposed under the term open RAN (open Radio Access Networks). Shaping the functionality, architecture, and interfaces of future industrial campus networks constitutes a great opportunity to ensure dependability right from the beginning.
What part will you play?
Within the scope of this PhD thesis, open RAN-based campus networks are to be analyzed regarding their dependability for “Industrie 4.0” use cases, and mechanisms to monitor, utilize and increase dependability are to be proposed.
- Identification of metrics and relevant indicators for (end-to-end) dependability in industrial campus networks.
- Derive and define concepts and mechanisms for measuring and processing relevant metrics in (open RAN-based) industrial campus networks.
- Identification of key architectural requirements to enable utilization of management and orchestration capabilities to increase dependability in campus networks.
- You will contribute to publicly funded and internal projects on the topics mentioned above and publish your results. This ensures applicability and relevance of the envisioned solutions.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- You already have a successfully completed master’s degree in in electrical engineering, information science or computer science (or a similar course of studies) with a strong background on network architectures and protocols, communication systems, distributed systems.
- You have keen interest in industrial applications of communication technology as a backbone for the realization of the fourth industrial revolution (“Industrie 4.0”). We deliver the bits that matter most.
- Solid experience in modern programming language(s) (e.g., Python, Go) and the flexibility to learn new ones), experience in virtualization/containerization tools and the respective environments (e.g., docker, Kubernetes, etc.), experience with Linux (and no fear of bash and CLIs) are required.
- Personally, you impress us with your excellent communication skills as well as a very strong command of the English language, both written and spoken.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
if you wish to find out more about the specific business before applying. If you have more questions, please contact: www.siemens.de/fragenzurbewerbung
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Part-time