Siemens Industry is looking for a Lab Technician - Electrical Testing for their Peachtree Corners, GA location. In this position you will work as part of an R&D team and you will perform a variety of technical duties, including:
• Test set-up, execution, data collection, and documentation of results for electrical products covering
- “Smart”, processor driven, electronic circuit breakers for residential applications
- Energy and temperature monitoring products for industrial applications
- Products evolving as part of the connected home and connected world
• Troubleshooting and repair of test set-ups and products
• Testing to standards from the UL, CSA, FCC and other certification bodies
• Working with representatives from standards bodies
• Helping prepare for prototype builds
• Analysis of field returns
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What you will need:
1. Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent
2. An understanding of digital and analog electronics including power electronics
3. Experience with test equipment including network analyzers, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and digital multi-meters
4. The ability to do prototype construction and rework with fine pitch electronic components including BGA packages. IPC certification preferred
5. Computer skills, including experience using computers with both Windows and Linux operating systems
6. The ability to do field support as needed
7. Knowledge of AC electrical circuit wiring
8. Proficient Microsoft Office skills
9. This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious
What will set you ahead of the pack:
1. Demonstrated experience working at the component, product, and systems level
2. 5 years as a working technician in an R&D environment
3. Experience training others both in R&D and manufacturing environments
4. Experience with a software programming language
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.