Does working with the world’s largest single consumer of Energy get you excited? Are you ready to work with the world’s largest consumer of goods and services in the world? If so, we are hiring a Federal Business Development Manager. This critical customer needs our help to drive solutions towards Digitalization, Energy Efficiency, Sustainability and Resilience to achieve their mission goals.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
We are searching for an entrepreneurial self-starter with a hunter mentality who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a complex customer – the Federal Government. This role will report directly to the Head of Federal Government Business and will be based out of the DC area.
This individual will lead Federal Business Development activities for the Federal Vertical. This role will work in in full collaboration with Sales Executives, Sales Leaders and Executive Management within a Zone. They will generate new customer acquisition, uncover and qualify opportunities for Siemens RAM products and Services by driving early engagement. This individual will develop and establish strong ongoing relationships with critical A/E design firms, contracting personnel, Small Businesses/Teaming partnerships and Industry Stakeholders. This individual must be experienced in building automation, fire and/or security products and services as well as have a passion for Smart Buildings, Digitalization, AI and IoT.
- Develop account penetration strategies for new customer acquisition, strategic Federal priorities, revenue forecasting and execution of strategic account plans
- Understand and utilize Federal market trends, Federal mission priorities, and Federal Government customer requirements
- Command and manage all aspects of new early opportunity identification with federal civilian and defense agencies while partnering with sales executives as opportunities develop and approach a more tactical closing phase
- Proven experience identifying and capturing new federal civilian and defense business, including leveraging and/or creating relationships, developing effective teaming and win strategies
- Provide expertise of Federal Government knowledge to improve win strategy and reduce risk
- Support the Sales Executives on Sources Sought, Request for Information (RFIs), and Request for Proposal or Quote (RFP/RFQ) as a Federal subject matter expert
- Represents Siemens in Federal industry associations, professional organization and affiliations through thought leadership
- Voice of Customer; Business Development Manager is responsible for long term strategic and tactical planning, relaying the customers vison for increased order intake and Federal specific requirements
- Responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with Federal agency end-users, Federal prime contractors, Federal A/E design firms and Small/Disadvantaged contractors
- This position requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- High school diploma, high school equivalency exam, or state-recognized GED required. BA/BS highly preferred. MBA preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in Federal Government Sales or Leadership positions. 10 years preferred.
- Unrestricted access to U.S. military bases is a plus
- Knowledge of Federal procurement, Federal Government contract vehicles, FAR/DFAR
- Knowledge of Systems Integration, IT/OT, IoT, AI, FedRAMP, RMF ATO, cybersecurity
- Understanding of Federal Small Business/Disadvantaged Business requirements – SDVOSB, WOB, 8A, socioeconomic classifications, etc.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with experience driving Leadership positions
- Ability to build effective relationships and influence to drive results in matrix environment
- Strong customer focus: ability to develop customer specific value propositions
- Travel approximately 30-50% within area
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.