Siemens Mobility Rail Division has an immediate opening for an Electrical Schematics Designer position at their Sacramento, California Facility. The candidate will have the ability to shape the design of our Locomotives and Coach Cars and work on complex designs involving high voltage and high power applications on fast-moving trainset consists. We are looking for professionals with the drive to work in the high paced rail industry to build new and innovative designs for our future vehicles.
In this role, you will assist the Engineering Department personnel to transfer electrical concepts and customer based requirements into electrical circuit design for production, in compliance with industry standards, for a variety of car types and electrical systems therein. Requires good understanding of electrical fundamentals and creativity to transfer conceptual representations of circuits into actual design as well as correcting errors based on feedback from the vehicles. Must be detail oriented and take ownership of projects to see them through the production and testing phase.
- Execute (individually or as member of an engineering team) electrical design tasks based on project schedules, utilizing industry standards and best engineering practices.
- This includes the design and complete release of new circuits in the design tool ELCAD (electrical CAD) as well as Bills Of Material (BOM) in the ERP system (SAP)
- Incroporate changes from production, the field or customer-based changes
- The ability to perform components selection using components catalogs such as circuit breakers, cables, terminals, off the-shelves components with their associated characteristics.
- Understand requirements to ensure personnel safety (i.e. grounding, circuit protections), electro-magnetic interference (EMI) via circuit separation or shielding, sizing of components and wire/cable
- Work mostly on-site is encouraged but partial remote-work can be accomodated
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with 1 or more years of similar work experience
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 or more years of similar work experience
· ELCAD 7.7.0 or higher or equivalent design tool with 3 years of experience (completed coursework can be considered as experience). Experience in reading and understanding electrical circuits and calculating basic electrical properties. Willingness to use ELCAD and learn and apply rail industry standards is essential.
- Circuit testing or troubleshooting
- Electro-mechanical integration
- Experience editing bills of material
- Revising parts and BOM’s using Engineering Change Orders (ECO)
- Experience working on Engineering projects, interfacing with project management
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, interfacing with production
- Experience with voltage class separation and mechanical protection of wires and cables
- Experience with communicating with suppliers and customers, internal and external
- Creating work instructions
- Rolling Stock experience is a plus
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.