Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Quality Cotrol Technician 3.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Healthineers
- Be part of exciting and innovative projects that help solve some of the world’s most significant health problems.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education and technology, and sustainability, making a positive impact on communities.
- Participate in our celebrations and social events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
We are globally recognized as an Employer of Choice, but don’t just take our word for it. Here are some of our most recent awards and recognition:
· Great Place to Work Certified 2021
· Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality from the Human Rights Campaign
· Best for Vets Employers by Military Times
· Glassdoor Employer Rating: 4.0
Position Overview /Responsibilities
The technician will be responsible for activities related to manufacturing testing within the Quality Control Organization. Functions and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Completes manufacturing related testing/processes on Diagnostic equipment/analyzers and analytical instruments such as, Dimension, Immulite, Olympus, Viva and/or pH meter.
- Performs the most complex quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as sampling, testing, and measuring using analytical instruments and diagnostic analyzers.
- Performs complex analysis of data in excel or LIMS which may include graphs and charts.
- Supports new product development, production support and/or reference materials testing.
- Performs routine instrument maintenance and maintains instrument logs.
- Follows testing schedule and protocols.
- Performs troubleshooting on testing processes, including testing equipment and data analysis.
- Interacts with other cross functional team members across the organization, such as Biochemists, Engineers, and Production Operations.
- Knowledge and experience in handling bio-hazard materials.
- Must be able to obtain DEA Clearance to work with controlled substances
- Potential to work on independent projects which may include defining tasks, setting priorities and driving project to completion.
- Flexible to work off shift schedule, overtime and/or irregular work hours as dictated by production schedule.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience
Knowledge and skills of a technical or specialty area, with 2-4 years of experience including but not limited to the following:
• Familiarity with GMP, GLP, and GDP.
• Demonstrate good mathematical skills: concentration calculations and statistical analysis.
• Computer skills: customary MS Office programs, SAP, LIMS and Siemens Clinical testing software.
• Laboratory skills: operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of analytical instruments and chemistry assays.
• Knowledge of QSR’s and ISO standards.
• Knowledge of FDA regulations.
• Knowledge of root cause investigations.
• Demonstrates ability to work independently and on a team.
• Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and prioritize daily work.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or 2-year degree with experience in Medical Diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for COVID-19 for our U.S. employees, contractors, and business partners, where local conditions allow, who:
1) Are customer-facing (e.g., those required to visit a customer/business partner site or interact in-person with customers at any conference or meeting) OR
2) Come on-site, whether regularly or occasionally, at any Siemens Healthineers location.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for all new hires by their start date. (Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons).
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.