Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position performs a variety of routine and some non-routine accounting functions requiring advanced knowledge of accounting principles and methods supporting the following business processes: Accounts Payable, Payroll, Sales and Use Tax support, Journal Entry processing, and/ or other related financial areas.
- Journal Entries: Prepares journal entries based on project management requests and/or account reconciliations.
- Certificates of Insurance: Processes Certificates of Insurance requests and works with business to ensure that proper coverage is in place for assigned projects.
- Audit: Supports internal and external audit requests. Provides reporting and flux analysis as requested and documentation for proper control procedures.
- Taxes: Supports accurate tax application to varying types of sales orders. Research for accurate tax exemption certificates. Provides tax support to project management and sales representatives. Submits tax exemption certificates and tax adjustment requests.
- Payroll and HR Master data: Validates accuracy and completes time reporting. Supports employees as a time admin for basic payroll process and policy inquiries. Updates HR records as needed.
- Performs all standard, complex, and technically demanding accounting tasks within the assigned financial area.
- Serves as a resource to others in problem resolution of complex accounting problems.
- Prepares, processes, and verifies journal entries, executes bond and guarantee administration, performs sales and use tax processes, and supports other related financial areas.
- Preempts potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes.
- Prepares responses and completes audit requirement as required.
- Provides outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers based on timely, accurate and professional feedback to appropriate questions relative to assigned duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related financial field.
- Experience working in accounting functions; 3-5 years experience preferred.
- State of TX Notary certification preferred
- Initiates applying new technology and skills in accomplishing tasks and may teach them to others.
- Knowledgeable with company’s integrated financial systems.
- Detailed oriented with good organizational, verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without current or future need for employer sponsored work authorization.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.