Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What is this Opportunity?
Siemens Smart Infrastructure has an opening for a dynamic Service Sales Executive to manage and grow our Okanagan Valley area for our Smart Infrastructure and Building Automation Sales group. As Sales Executive, Building Automation, your primary responsibility is to achieve booking and gross margin goals by developing and implementing plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for assigned customers or territory and effectively handle the most sophisticated deals independently within our established guidelines.
Location: This position will cover the Okanagan Valley – interior BC area
What will you do?
- Develop new business relationships with End-User Clients to position and create a business case to utilize Siemens Smart Infrastructure solutions in their facilities and new construction projects.
- Responsible to maintain/expand these relationships within assigned, existing client accounts as well as create new customer relationships. Act as a Trusted Advisor to customers across their enterprises.
- Work directly with building owners to reduce energy consumption, improve the indoor environment and extend the life of mechanical and electrical distribution equipment.
- Effectively perform needs assessments; develop sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations. Work with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale and resolve customer concerns.
- Main point of contact in assigned area to assist customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
- Prepare accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
- Participate in civic, industry and professional organizations to build a network of contacts to advance achievement of sales targets. Actively participates in sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Keeps current on market business and product trends. Continue to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
- When managing current accounts, develop and deploy account management strategies and prepare annual technology roadmap for clients.
- Expand the value of assigned accounts for all Siemens Smart Infrastructure offerings.
Drives/coordinates new business across all product lines to meet objectives. Focus on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or a similar field.
- 3+ years of directly related HVAC Controls/Service Sales experience preferred.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical and financial expertise to effectively and independently estimate and sell Siemens Building Technologies solutions and service product lines.
- A valid Driver’s License in good standing.
- Must be willing and able to cover the following territory: Okanagan Valley
- Preferred: Related professional certifications
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.