Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the Scheduling Manager position to Join our Project Team in Cairo office. This is an excellent career opportunity for Schedule and Planning Manager candidates looking to join a truly international team.
Overview / Mission of function
The Scheduling Manager is responsible to support the Program Manager within the project team and at the project site for the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of the integrated project time schedule (Primavera software) according to relevant rules and guidelines as applied within the project organization. The overall objective is to support the Program Manager with the tools and information to facilitate the overall project execution.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Support and provide input to schedule management procedure & plan, implements the defined procedures & rules, and ensures that all approved policies and procedures are consistently implemented and administrated throughout the project duration
- Prepares Primavera P6 project schedules, uses the P6 tool to extract progress information
- Prepares P6 resource loaded, and cost loaded schedules
- Prepares specific time schedules in accordance with the project phases (e.g., TRIP - Track Related Installation Plan, detailed 3-months schedule, interface schedules etc.)
- Coordination of the time schedule with the project team, analyze, optimize, and report deviations and points of conflicts
- Supports the controlling activities to meet target dates in the different technical fields in conjunction with consortium partners and on site at regular intervals. Preparation of schedule reports, e.g., Critical Path and analyses possible consequences (risks and opportunities). Develop mitigation and acceleration measures
- Supports the continuous schedule feedback from different project manager’s fields and site staff, collecting of relevant schedule data, evaluating impact on progress, deadlines, and contractual milestones
- Prepares progress analysis comparing actual progress with panned schedule and prepared earned value reports
- Supports the forensic analysis of events to support claim defense and claim preparation
- Support the preparation of comprehensive monthly progress report for the client with preparation of internal and external time schedule relevant reports, e.g., time schedule deviation analysis, MTAs, S-curves, variance report, critical path report, resources etc.
Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital and Solid!
- Engineering degree or successful completion of a technical based apprenticeship
- A minimum of 5 years applied experience as Scheduler in major engineering projects in the railway industry
- Experienced knowledge of Primavera P6 tool
- Experience of preparing submissions to meet contractual requirements
- Knowledge of project management principles for project realization and execution
- Fluent English written and spoken is crucial
- Independent and structured approach to work
- Excellent communication abilities combined with strong social skills
- High level of customer and quality orientation together with strong abilities in consulting and implementation
What else do you need to know?
- As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and expertly. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
- At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
- Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more results-oriented and better prepared to respond optimally to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
- We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
- Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time