Together at Siemens Mobility Limited, we are driving the future of Mobility forward. We electrify, automate and digitalise. Join us and help us make real what matters.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Training and Development Specialist (Signalling) with a speciality in European Train Control Systems (ETCS) to join our Siemens Mobility Education and Skills Training function. Reporting to the Business Partner / Training Head for Rail Infrastructure and working closely with the Education and Skills Leadership Team, you will be responsible for delivering a range of courses related to ETCS Signalling related and product related training. transformation of the railway and deliver benefits to passengers through the introduction of digital technologies. You will need to take ownership of training strategy, training delivery plan and implementation of product related training for employees within the Rail Infrastructure business unit, client and focusing on developing the competence of internal engineers and key customers by delivering first class training. You will need to apply your existing experience and passion for developing and delivering train control and communication system training to ensure key business deliverables are achieved. The role is responsible for all aspects of train control and product communication system training provision, including the development, preparation, implementation and follow up for all technical, safety and operational matters.
You will be responsible for developing the strategy needed to grow the ETCS portfolio in line with business requirements to develop the internal and external offering. You will drive Siemens training offering forward using technology and modern training techniques. Behaviours are a major factor in this role with a strong focus on Stakeholder engagement.
This role will be site independent as you will be travelling across Siemens offices delivering training courses. Ideally, you would be based within travelling distance of Ashby De La Zouch, Chippenham, Derby, Birmingham or Northampton as these will be the main locations that you will carry out the training activities.
What are your responsibilities
- To develop and deliver learning / training solutions using a combined approach to both internal and external staff related to train control system and train based communication, primarily in the rail sector.
- Ensure solutions are delivered in accordance with Siemens safety and quality procedures and meet all applicable legislation, safety/customer standards and project requirements.
- As a Senior trainer, you will be expected to support the Business Partner / Training Head for Rail Infrastructure. This could be in the form of (but not limited to) line management responsibilities, project/tender work and wider stakeholder engagement.
- Responsible for the creation of new course material, the update of existing material and developing requirements and initial story boards for e-learning.
- Actively participate in our business improvement programme and drive implementation of improvements from the team.
- Continuously develop cross functional and departmental processes.
- Support the Business Partner/Training Head for RI in internal project bidding activity by producing training information and written proposals as required. Attend relevant Project Boards/Meetings to advise and consult on relevant training considerations.
- Deliver specific technical training project plans to support Siemens programmes.
- Collaboration with internal Siemens and external customers to identify and deliver the training requirements for their area of responsibility.
- Develop a relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities. Collate and respond to customer feedback to ensure Siemens Mobility builds trust and confidence in the market
- Support the development of annual training budgets and produce/deliver training to budgetary requirements
- Demonstrate Role Model behaviour and values consistent with Siemens Mobility Values, Behaviours and Siemens Mobility Business Conduct Guidelines. Behaviours are a strong factor in this role with a focus on Stakeholder engagement.
- Explore the opportunity of developing training partnerships within the wider railway industry.
- Oversee delivery of the Training & Competency Plan containing the Training Needs Analysis (TNA), Training Course specification, Training Environment specification and WLR Training Programme.
- Co-ordinate all related training activities and provide a visible primary point of contact for training for ETCS Project.
- Works with the S&TMEs, Network Rail Route Services & the Project Client team to ensure all training and competency support needs are met.
What do you need to qualify for this job
- Be educated to HND level in a STEM subject (or equivalent) and should have sound experience of signalling.
- Have broad knowledge in the design& architectures of Railway Signalling Systems
- Excellent skills in conducting technical training needs analysis
- You have the ability to write training strategy, plan and implementation of delivery
- You have the ability to engage with client on project scope, meetings and defining ways of working
- CIPD Training and Development qualification or equivalent experience
- You have the ability to write and review course material
- Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with customers at all levels
- Excellent communication skills and influencing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Able to work on your own initiative as part of a virtual team
- Be able to work in high pressure environments
- Knowledge of the system components of the European Train Control System (ETCS)
- Experience in an industry with high levels of regulation and compliance
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time