At Siemens Mobility Limited, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Training specialist to join our Siemens Mobility Education and Skills Training function. Reporting to the Business Partner / Training Head for Rail Infrastructure, you will be responsible for delivering a range of courses related to Signalling, Data Communications, Telephony and skills training, primarily in the rail sector across the UK and potentially internationally. Focusing on developing the competence of internal engineers and key customers by delivering first class training. You will need to apply your existing experience and passion for developing and delivering signalling & telecoms training to ensure key business deliverables are achieved. Working alongside the Senior Signalling and telecoms trainer you will be a key player in developing the strategy needed to grow the signalling / telecommunications portfolio in line with business requirements to develop the internal and external offering. You will drive Siemens’s training, offering forward using technology and modern training techniques. Behaviours are a major factor in this role with a strong focus on Stakeholder engagement.
This role will be site independent as you will be travelling across Siemens offices delivering training courses. Ideally, you would be based within travelling distance of Ashby De La Zouch, Chippenham, Derby, Birmingham or Northampton as these will be the main locations that you will carry out the training activities.
What are your responsibilities
- To develop and deliver learning / training solutions using a combined approach to both internal and external staff related to signalling, in the rail sector.
- Ensure solutions are delivered in accordance with Siemens safety and quality procedures and meet all applicable legislation, safety/customer standards and project requirements.
- Responsible for the creation of new course material, the update of existing material and developing requirements and initial story boards for e-learning.
- Actively participate in our business improvement programme and drive implementation of improvements from the team.
- Deliver specific technical training project plans to support Siemens programmes.
- Develop a relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities. Collate and respond to customer feedback to ensure Siemens Mobility builds trust and confidence in the market
- Demonstrate Role Model behaviour and values consistent with Siemens Mobility Values, Behaviours and Siemens Mobility Business Conduct Guidelines. Behaviours are a strong factor in this role with a focus on Stakeholder engagement.
- Explore the opportunity of developing training partnerships within the wider railway industry.
- Support the Business Partner/Training Head for RI in internal project bidding activity by producing training information and written proposals as required. Attend relevant Project Boards/Meetings to advise and consult on relevant training considerations.
- Aid with the delivery of the signalling & telecoms Training & Competency Plan containing the Training Needs Analysis (TNA), Training Course specification, Training and Environment specification
What you need to qualify for this job
- Be educated to HND level in a STEM subject (or equivalent) and should have sound experience of signalling / telecoms
- Have broad knowledge in the design, architecture and configuration of signalling.
- CIPD Training and Development qualification or equivalent experience
- You have the ability to write and review course material
- Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with customers at all levels
- Excellent communication skills and influencing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Able to work on your own initiative as part of a virtual team
- Experience with Signalling / Telecoms Systems
- Experience in an industry with high levels of regulation and compliance
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time