Siemens DISW is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Software Analytics team. You will team up with other front-end and back-end web developers to provide tools that enable Siemens Digital Industries products to collect and analyze product usage and behavior patterns to aid in the design and improvement our products.
You will work on everything, from performance optimization, architecture, software design/engineering and testing, all the way up to web interface design. You will be involved in a full development life cycle from planning session, design/architecture meeting, code review, development and maintenance. You will have the opportunity to help build the next generation Software Analytics web application using the latest cutting-edge technologies. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a fun team that provides a flexible and friendly startup-like working environment.Main Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Participate in the development process including, but not limited, architecture/design review, code review and test case review.
- Collaborate with managers, product architects, owners and key stakeholders to understand customer requirements.
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment to build new features for Software Analytics web application in a rapid, iterative way.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical field.
- +3 years of experience in Java programming.
- +2 years of experience in developing on an DBMS such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB.
- Hands on experience in building scalable microservice-based architecture, database design, development and data modeling.
- Familiar with technologies like micro services Docker/ software containers.
- Worked with software development process (SCRUM/Kanban).
- Experienced in using git and GitLab in a collaborative development environment.
- Familiar with writing documentation and building unit tests.
- Ability to collaborate in a remote agile environment.
- Developing web services using open-source frameworks knowledge is a plus!
- Experience in writing and optimizing SQL in PostgreSQL, MySQL or similar relational database is preferred.
- Experience working with NoSQL database such as MongoDB or similar technology.
- Experience developing in Big Data or analytics, web applications using UI frameworks such GWT, AngularJS, ReactJS, JQuery, and/or BootStrap, testing code in a Linux environment (RedHat, Centos) is a plus!
- Experience with cloud solutions including Amazon Web Services or related technologies is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and take on different assignments
- Excellent Communication Skills with Good Capability for Continuous Learning.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary and a generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time