Siemens Mobility is pioneering the future of travel. Our purpose is reinventing, refining and revolutionising how people move throughout smarter urban environments and across a more sustainable world. From advanced engineering projects to pushing limits of data and machine learning, we’re changing the global landscape.
You can move with us. Our dynamic career paths are designed for ambitious individuals to discover, develop and achieve more. We ask you to do your best to improve society with us, and in return we promise opportunities to progress in a company where the professionals are at the top of their game. Because the sharing culture, learning resources and scale of our projects will take you to an even higher level than you’re operating at now.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Rail Signalling Lead Project Engineer to join our Customer Services organisation in Manchester. Working with the Senior Project Engineer, you will provide engineering guidance and assurance to enable the safe and timely delivery of the support contracts. You will form part of the strategic geographic support team and will be responsible for the delivery of engineering support services to the regions.
This is your role, what part will you play?
- Support and assist the Senior Project Engineer to deliver and monitor the planning and progress of works and ensure contract requirements are delivered on time and to budget
- Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of signalling support contracts, in order that safe and successful delivery and future reliability is achieved
- Use existing knowledge and develop a good understanding of key technical and engineering deliverables for current and future support contracts
- Build strong relationships with key customers through an excellent understanding and delivery of service contract requirements. Find opportunities to provide additional or enhanced service solutions where possible
- Build relationship with regional customer team
- Support the Key Account Managers with evaluating the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company
- Work with the local client team to assess their needs and recommend suitable solutions
- Ensure a successful and engaging relationship with regional project delivery teams to ensure a smooth handover into long term maintenance
- Oversee the handover phase of the project lifecycle to include fault analysis (e.g. FRACAS) and ensure a smooth transition to Customer Services
- Assist with the implementation of new maintenance operating models via possession of a good understanding of whole life cost reduction strategy
- Assist with forecasting the overall engineering resources and key skills necessary for allocated contracts in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the contract Safety Plans
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the delivery of support contracts to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
- Coordinate the engineering activities of sub-contractors and suppliers
- Review and assess the engineering aspects of contract changes to enable accurate management of costs and compliance
Skills and experience required for the role
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body (preferred)
- Hold or be working towards IRSE Project Engineer licence (preferred)
- Detailed experience in all aspects of Signal and Railway Engineering would be an advantage
- Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway contracts or projects (preferred)
- Excellent communications skills
- Knowledge of contract safety requirements and contract conditions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time