We are looking for Research Scientists/Staff Research Scientists with deep know-how and interest in graphics and geometry modeling, who would like to join our Design and Simulation Systems Research Group of the “Simulation and Digital Twin” Technology Field! This position offers remote flexibility, so if you are comfortable working remotely we are too!
We need your help to build the world's most sophisticated modeling, simulation, and visualization software stack to enable seamless and instantaneous design and simulation of engineering products and systems, in collaboration with our partner startups, leading academic institutions and government agencies. We are currently bringing onboard talented scientists like you to research and create a platform to enable a completely new design workflow, through intuitive geometric modeling, faster than real time simulations and easy assimilation of contextual information. You will use the latest techniques in computer graphics to fuse engineering modeling and simulation together with game engine technologies to enable truly immersive product design!
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with the team to fulfill our vision by developing novel fast and interactive design and visualization approaches.
- Tightly integrate new simulation techniques with modeling and rendering pipelines and balance simulation time with rendering time.
- Prototype, implement and evaluate the most promising representations and algorithms for efficient modeling and simulation techniques directly on the GPU.
- Build Siemens-internal network to acquire and lead research projects to advance the technology and secure innovation
- Participate and lead projects with Siemens businesses, including research & development as well as technical consulting
- Communicate complex ideas and testing results effectively, both orally and in writing, and provide recommendations and support to internal engineering teams through accurate and effective written documentation
- Publish results in leading conferences and journals
- Collaborate with others, both within and outside Siemens, to develop successful research proposals for external funding that align with Siemens strategic direction
- Maintain and grow the existing network with academia and research community.
- Assist developing brand recognition externally by networking with industry experts, attending conferences and partnering with universities in the US
Qualified candidates will have:
- Research Scientists must have Masters or PhD in Computer Graphics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent, with 2+ years of related experience. Staff Research Scientists must have a PhD with 6+ years of related experience.
- Demonstrable experience in geometric modeling, particularly with mesh-based representations.
- Strong background in latest rendering techniques including real-time ray tracing, large scale model visualization, and physically based shading.
- Proven experience with gaming engines such as Unreal, Unity, etc. including programming own shaders and plugins, including compute shaders.
- Familiarity with CAD software systems and modeling kernels.
- Familiarity with physics simulation techniques typically used in gaming engines (particularly fluid and soft-body simulation).
- Solid theoretical knowledge of geometry representations and solid modeling techniques in design.
- Experience in coding in C++, HLSL, CUDA, and Python with ability to write high quality code.
- Proven ability to conceive and develop new research ideas as demonstrated by a strong publication record in top journals, successful grant proposals or other request for funding.
- Established networks within US academia/research institutions including public funded project proposal writing
- Good communication and organization skills, with a logical approach to problem solving, good time management and task prioritization skills, with motivation to learn and use new technologies, work under uncertainty at fast pace, and ability to multitask and make key contributions to several projects
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs
Siemens Technology employees are passionate about applied research. We create technology with purpose that benefits society - more agile and productive factories, more intelligent and efficient buildings and grids, more reliable and sustainable transportation. Our work powers Siemens products and is regularly featured in patents and publications. We operate in a global ecosystem focused on innovation, partnering with our customers, businesses, government agencies, and leading academic institutions on highly visible projects where collaboration is key.
Our people continuously develop their talents, are curious, and are not afraid to take risks in pursuit of technological innovation. A strong learning culture empowers employees at Siemens Technology to own their growth and development.
We know that diversity fuels innovation and drives business success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, where diversity of thought, culture, and experience is seen as our greatest strength. This is what brings our best ideas to life.
We take pride in bringing our best selves to work every day, prioritizing individual health, work-life blend, and flexibility.
At Siemens Technology, the success of our employees drives our success.
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.