Explore our Digital World
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating groundbreaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Supports the sales organization of the assigned organizational unit in developing strategic and midterm business strategies, structures, and processes, focusing options to exploit best market opportunities.
Drive Siemens specification preference to Consulting Engineers. Develops alternative recommendations for very complex customer specifications and/or processes to meet customer needs and improve over-all productivity. Guide’s investigations and analysis of very complex field problems. Develops explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of very complex specifications,
performance characteristics or other technical data. Independently performs advanced areas of work for the professional field. Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently. Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
What will you do?
- Will work directly with Consulting Engineers, Contractors and End User as well as dealing with multiple factories for various Siemen’s products.
- Responsible for business development of the following products, but not limited to:
- Switchgear, Switchboards, Power panels, Breakers, Load centres, EV Chargers, Power Monitoring and Bus Ducts
- Develops strategic business plans to support market share objectives
- Drives business development with assigned key accounts markets
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing a successful resolution to high impact and complex problems
- Provides marketing advice to ensure overall market effectiveness.
- Provides advance and comprehensive technical application assistance in key sales situations
- Participates in and influences standards by participating in appropriate industry organizations Deliver the highest degree of customer satisfaction in alignment with our Siemens brand.
- Will perform on-site bid review meetings and travel to various sites when needed
- Territory : Province of BC and SK
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s in electrical engineering or CET or a related field, bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering is a strong asset
- Ideally 5 years of successful experience in the directly related field of electrical engineering sales, preferably with PEng in BC and SK.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience. Must be proficient with requirements of CSA, CEC, Local Authority Jurisdiction and British Columbia and Saskatchewan Hydro Utilities companies;
- Knowledge about medium voltage systems (MVS) is an asset.
- Must know how to read Single Line Diagram and perform CDE's on specifications; 5 + years of related experience.
- 5 + years’ experience with custom switchboard and switchgear design.
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts practices and procedures for description above including experience with SAP, IQS & other CRM and management information tools
- Very good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Asset: Member of Provincial licensing in engineering in other provinces
- Highly motivating personable team player with a Can-Do attitude
- High standards of performance are expected to align with customer expectations matching our strong Siemens brand
· Knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Adobe, and Visio.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.