At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Digital Industry Software is looking for a talented Full Stack Web Developer- VueJS, NodeJS, AWS to be part of the team building the next generation web experiences for our external customers.
In this role you will help build the platform for delivering Siemens 3D graphics and file sharing software through our .com sites. You will leverage the latest web development tools & techniques, AWS cloud infrastructure, and devops practices to provide world class websites and services.
You will work with the latest technologies to deliver amazing web applications.
You will work in an open collaborative environment as part of a larger Digital Platform team responsible for delivering a suite of customer facing applications. You will have the ability to immediately make an impact as part of a team delivering high visibility and high traffic web applications.
You will be expected to contribute ideas, concepts, best practices, code reviews, and code development to deliver high quality software on tight timelines in a fast-paced enterprise application development environment.
You should embrace the 5 pillars of well-architected cloud applications: operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency, and cost optimization.
As a Web Application Developer, you will be responsible for designing and building web applications, operating the runtime environments including deployments and scripting, and writing unit tests. You should have a strong desire to build delightful web experiences for our customers.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Develop supporting back end microservices using NodeJS, AWS ECS, AWS Lambda, Docker, and NoSQL Databases
- Develop unit tests using Jest, Mocha, and Chai
- Operate the backend services including reacting to outages and building proactive continuous monitoring and alerting systems
- Optimize solutions for operability, security, reliability, performance, and cost.
- Works with a Scrum team to refine requirements, peer review code, and assist other team members with solving challenges.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related
- 3+ years of experience in web development
- Experience using AWS or other major cloud provider
- Experience developing backend APIs
- Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to interpret ambiguous business requirements
- Knowledge of SDLC, microservices, web/cloud design patterns, and software architecture
- Experience with working in a team environment using agile methodologies
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Frontend experience in VueJS
- Backend API development using NodeJS / ExpressJS
- Experience running services with Docker, AWS ECS or Kubernetes
- NoSQL database experience using MongoDB, AWS DocumentDB, or AWS DynamoDB
- Contributor to open source projects
- AWS or other cloud experience
- Enterprise application development in a team environment
- Experience operating and monitoring production workloads
- Experience using and modifying CI/CD pipelines
Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products (both internal and external) with
focus on surpassing customer’s expectations by achieving high quality and on time delivery. Responsible for
ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism. Ability to
understand complex products, solutions, and problems. Creates, documents, and executes software designs
which may involve complicated workflows or multiple product areas. Technical project lead. Works with general
supervision on complex projects with latitude for independent judgment. Moderate skills with high level of
proficiency and technical expertise.
Siemens Industry Software Inc. requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.