Siemens Logistics LLC is seeking an entry Mechanical System Architect to support the Airport Logistics Systems Design Team (AL) at our DFW Airport location. You will work on the Systems Design Team which develops and implements complex baggage handling solutions for Airline and Airport customers by providing engineering analysis and design expertise to solve existing and future baggage handling solutions. This System Architecture position is ideal for someone with 1+ years of experience with who is willing to learn and gain knowledge of the responsibilities outlined below.
• Individuals position will be a member of the Airports System Architecture Design Team on all proposal deliverables pertaining to mechanical design and layout, and assist in the generation of all proposal drawings and conceptual layouts, as well as participate in customer presentation of proposed solutions.
• Design Team generates CAD design concepts that are technically feasible and construable with proven technology applied which can meet aggressive schedules with reliable cost considerations.
• Design Team develops technical proposals which can include product demonstration, development of product prototypes and interactive technical discussions with other experts, including, but not limited to third-party consultants, Owner’s representatives, and installation subcontractor entities.
• Assist in the development of work scopes relating to the associated solutions for multiple construction trade packages, receive, investigate and respond to all subcontractor questions.
• Updating technical specifications as they relate to individual products and total parcel system solutions, as well as maintaining working knowledge of third-party supplied equipment.
• Help resolve the most complex technical sales support problems and answer both customer requests and generating detailed product and specification questions.
• Individual will work along with recognized technical experts in the design and implementation of complex automated baggage handling systems.
• Help develop cost effective Mechanical Systems for all Bids & Proposals including selecting OEM system components, input on pricing estimates, manpower plans, scheduling activities, phasing, commissioning & test methodologies and specification (including PGDS) compliance.
• Assist with writing specifications, user’s manuals, and enter other data to fully document engineering designs and assist procurement with parts ordering and supplier selection.
Represent the company in customer-facing meetings concerning bids & proposals while supporting the sales team.
• Up to 10% travel maybe required.
Assists with leading-edge mechanical design and conceptualization as part of the Airport Logistics System Architect Design Team. Will proactively mitigate potential conflicts and provide effective solutions by applying concepts, techniques, technical knowledge and processes. Must demonstrate proactive and “out of the box” thinking in applying principles, theories, and concepts on a wide range complex system design challenges.
Education / Experience /Skills
• BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent work expertise. Certification may be required in some areas.
•This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- 1+ years’ experience in the work place with potential skill set: AutoCAD, AUTOMOD, Revit, Microsoft Project and Microsoft office.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.