At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Digital Industries Software is looking for an enthusiastic Data Analyst for the Predictive Insights & Analytics team supporting the Global Customer Support and Success Support organization. In this role you'll dig into new data sources, differentiating the signal from the noise. Partnering with the data engineer and architect, you will unlock new insights and predictive models and produce robust visualizations. The key characteristics of a successful analyst are: self-starter, analytical, has a true passion for understanding the business and unlocking data to drive business success.
The Analyst must be able to think strategically at scale, integrate complex data sets, work with stakeholders, and able to collaborate with other PI&A team members. It is critical that the Analyst is comfortable navigating ambiguous environments autonomously with minimal direction.
The team is situated within Global Customer Support & Success though team members collaborate with the greater analyst community around the organization to pursue a coordinated, cross-functional approach to identifying new and existing data sources and analytics to drive business results.
- Create and maintain business critical dashboards and reports for various stakeholders within Customer Success and Customer Support
- Ensure that reporting implements standard definitions for KPIs that are intuitive to the business
- Manage analytics projects iteratively to ensure adoption of information products
- Identify new opportunities for automation or embedding algorithms into existing business processes
- Seek out relevant data sources, including new internal and external data sources
- Evolve towards end to end ownership of data pipeline
- Develop automated processes to cleanse and integrate datasets from disparate sources
- Evaluate and help implement new analytics platforms, services, and methodologies
- Assist, train, and learn from other team members
- Provide ad-hoc analysis for management and innovate new “information products” deliverables
- Additional, related duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Data Analytics, Data Management, Data Science, Statistics, Math, Computer Science or related disciplines (MBA desirable)
- Entry to 3 years of experience in roles involving Data Science, business analysis and/or business intelligence or academic experience.
- Self-starter who prioritizes multiple projects with competing deadlines and is motivated to promote change
- Demonstrated passion for answering business questions and improving business processes
- Professional and customer focused with developed project, organization and time management skills
- Skill in enterprise-level visualization and analytics platforms (Alteryx, Tableau, Qlikview preferred)
- Ability to engineer datasets using Alteryx, SQL, or scripting languages. Skill with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to write, read and interpret SQL for report and dashboard development
- Experience with SQL automation preferred
- Experience with Python and R preferred
- Experience with metadata, master data, reference data, and data management systems preferred
- Familiar with dimensional data modeling and data normalization
- Exposure to data sourcing (APIs, internal data warehouses), data formats (structured, text, etc.), data structures (XML, JSON, relational databases, etc.), data types, variables, mapping, logical operations, and data profiling
- Exposure to enterprise data flows and systems (ERP, CRM, HR, Marketing)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.