Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the Procurement Professional for Siemens Mobility Egypt position to join our Project Team in Egypt. This is an excellent career opportunity for Procurement Professionals from Rail /Transportation Business looking to join a truly international team.
Join Siemens Mobility and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Strategic tasks include:
- Plan, coordinate and execute project purchases of indirect services and goods, equipment, and supplies.
- Single entry to the Procurement process
- Bundling of local project demand
- Local stakeholder management & CRM
- Develop effective working relationships with the internal customer and collaborate in proactive manner with project delivery teams and functions.
- Safeguarding Procurement compliance and adherence to/deployment of SCM standards & SMO P governance framework for local procurement.
- Allocation of demand to existing Contracts
- Prepare and issue Requests for Quotation (RfQs), obtain offers, clarify, negotiate with suppliers.
- In case of specific project demands: Negotiation & conclusion of frame contracts including creation of new catalogs and underlying activities,
- Establish collaboration model with local SCM function
- Implementation of Commodity Strategies, contracts, processes, terms & conditions
- Optimization of local SMO S2C processes
- Ensure compliant supplier selection and qualification as per applicable processes and procurement guidelines for sourcing scope. Support SQM processes as required.
- Verify compliance of supplier’s proposals and liaising with the requesting units.
- Developing and maintaining up-to-date lists of qualified suppliers and services providers in fulfillment of project demands.
- Organize supplier meetings and record minutes of meetings and minutes of negotiation as needed.
- Provide input to target KPI planning and reporting.
- Document and archive properly procurement information including preparation of relevant reporting on procurement issues.
- Participate in issue resolution with suppliers as needed.
Operational duties will include:
- Verification of formal checkpoints according to correct buying guideline including implementation of correct purchasing guidelines (P2P, ToCO, R4B, number of offers, ESN responsibility, etc.)
- Verify purchase requisitions and supplier master data items.
- R4B adherence.
- Preparation of correct order conditions: payment terms, Incoterms, texts, documents, delivery dates, order conditions, etc.
- Creation of specific purchase orders based on requisitions and PO issuance to suppliers
- Order administration incl. order confirmations and monitoring of adherence to conditions and dates
- Supplier invoice processing ensuring P2P requirements and necessary clarification (AIMS process)
- Buyer or purchaser access role of procurement tools: e.g., MyMall, OneSRM, as well as SCM STAR etc.
- Processing RfQs and offers for out-of-catalog and specific items, as needed
- Single contact person for project requesters' questions and clarifications
- Participate as necessary in managing post-order/award topics with the appropriate involvement/guidance of assigned PPM.
- If necessary: Spodom-ID
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- Minimum university bachelor’s degree in engineering, or economics or business administration.
- At least 5 years of proven Procurement experience preferably in indirect purchasing, multi-national business environment an advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge and working experience with SAP MM module and other relevant procurement tools.
- Working knowledge of legal and compliance aspects in procurement
- Good quality and documentation management knowledge and experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, Arabic language is an advantage.
- Proficient in latest Microsoft Office applications.
Additional required skills for the role:
- Self-starting individual performer with ability to manage cross functional teams.
- Collaboration within and across SCM organizations is key to success in this role.
- Works and delivers procurement as a professional service provider.
- Building rapport with the supply base and our internal customers.
- Business communication skills.
- Willingness for business trips at home and abroad is required
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time