Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Job Family: Legal & Compliance
At Siemens, we are on a constant search for bright and innovative minds to fill our ranks. If you are a fast learner, creative, able to work with multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams and have a strong desire to be a winner, this role is just for you.
We are currently looking for an experienced Commercial Lawyer to join our legal team in Indonesia.
What are my responsibilities?
- Provide business-oriented legal solutions and advice to our Smart Infrastructure, Digital Industries, Large Drives Applications, and Energy businesses as well as to our corporate departments in Indonesia.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of contracts and other legal documents.
- Review and analyze tender documents in public and private tenders; and provide pragmatic recommendations to appropriately address identified risks and opportunities.
- Professionally manage claims during contract/project execution phase to mitigate risks and capture opportunities.
- Handle commercial disputes in a smart and economical manner through a variety of conflict resolution mechanisms such as settlement negotiations, ADR, arbitration, and litigation.
- Properly retain and manage outside counsel where additional external legal support is needed.
- Support timely and systematic corporate housekeeping for our local legal entities.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to the management of our local businesses.
- Pro-actively collaborate with experts from other departments and with Legal & Compliance team members from Siemens Headquarters and other countries on cross-functional and cross-border topics.
- Contribute to an excellent knowledge management within both our Indonesian Legal team and our global Legal community through creation and communication of up-to-date knowledge assets such as automated templates, interactive quick guides, key lessons learned, etc.
- Prepare and deliver effective onsite and online legal trainings to our sales, procurement, and other staff.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Indonesian national with excellent academic legal background; additional overseas education from an accredited law school is a plus.
- At least 7 years of relevant in-house or reputable law firm PQE.
- Sound background in commercial contracts for electric equipment, software, service and data-driven business models; litigation experience in various Indonesian courts is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of and sufficient work experience in dealing with relevant commercial/corporate laws and regulations in B2B-driven environments.
- Flexible, solution-oriented, pro-active, hands-on attitude, good business acumen, and the capability of providing both operational and strategic legal guidance.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work effectively with team members and cross-functional partners from different cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Strong analytical, learning, research, drafting, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic corporate environment.
- Professional ethics and identification with Siemens company values.
- Proficiency in working with relevant software such as Microsoft 365; a genuine interest for new trends in legal technology is a plus.
- Business-fluency in written and spoken Indonesian and English;
- Flexibility to travel.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: PT Siemens Indonesia
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: P.T. Siemens Indonesia
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time